Did anybody's I-485 LUD change on 08/19/06

ksneel123

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I heard that there was a batch program that was run around 08/18/06. My LUD changed on 08/19/06 and no updates ever since. I heard that the batch program picked up all the pre-adjucated applications and were put in a line for approval. Does anybody have any information on that ?

Or is it just another BS ?

My details below...
EB3 PD - Nov 01
RD -I485 Feb04 (NSC)
Used AC21 after I-140 approval and after 180 days.
4 Fingerprints finished. (Latest 03/07)
I am on 4th EAD/AP (Travelled to India 3 times using AP in the last 3 years)
RFE received on I-485 (EVL & Medicals - Doc did not sign the Medical form..can you imagine of all the RFE's doc not singing the forms...:eek: ). However
replied to RFE and the RFE has been received by NSC on 03/07/06.
Last LUD changed on 08/19/06. Not heard anything after that.

Thanks,

There was definitely a large number of cases (At least on these forums) that got a LUD change on 8-19-06 ....

It is all speculation on what exactly caused that change ... pre-adjudication seemed to be a logical answer and hence that became the accepted reason :D

No one knows for sure why there was a mass LUD and what it means anyway

I read it somewhere that LUD is for

Data Digitalization Facility in Williamsburg, Kentucky and Electronization of Immigration Benefits Filing and Processing Agenda

Yes!!! Even my last LUD update was on 08/19/06

San13
EB3 - India
PD - July 2002
140-485 - Filed Jan 04
I140 Approved - Jan 05
RFE - EVL

LUD Updated - 08/19/06

Hi,

Well, I don't about your theory of Batch program and Pre-adjudication. But, my LUD too had occured on 08/19/06 just like yours and nothing since then even after an FP this May'07.

Regards

^^^^^^^^
EB3 -India
PD - 04/2002
I-485 - RD - 04/2004
FPs -3
APs-4
EADS-4.
^^^^^^^^:eek:

Same here

All 3 of our I-485 applications have LUDs of 08/19/06. No updates since then.

RD 09/2004 NSC ROW
PD 10/2003
Last FP 04/2007

Ours too 08/19/2006

We also have a LUD of August 19th , 2006.:rolleyes:

No change in the message

Last edited by a moderator:
The message changed on 8/19/2006 too...

Message before 8/19/2006:
On May 10, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Message after 8/19/2006:
Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

same

same for me too...Gave 5 FP yesterday. Let's see what's goin to happen.

On May 10, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Message after 8/19/2006:
Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

On 10/28/2006, we received an email with the following status:

On June 15, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

The online status has the following LUD's:
Myself: 10/28/2006
Wife: 08/19/2006
Son: 08/19/2006

From the InfoPass appointment, came to know that our cases were assigned to an officer on 08/19/2006!!

Fingers Crossed...Good luck to All...

lud

same message as tora bora for me. lud for both mine and spouse 485 is 8/19. spouse's message has not change and still says application for 485 was received in dec 2004.

Same message as below and LUD changed on 08/19/2006 for both of our I-485 applications.

Message after 8/19/2006:

LUD 8/19/06 Theory

My LUD also changed on 8/19/06.
My theory is that they had a new message incorporated in that batch. Before the 8/19 update it did not state which center the case was and the description was not as wordy.

Anyway PD 7/2002 EB3 IND
I485 RD 5/2004 (non concurrent filing)
Last FP on 5/15/07
LUD 8/19/06

Ldu 08/19/2006

For me and depandents, LDU changed on 08/19/2006.
Message changed first time since April/2003.
After this my dependants gave biometric and LDU changed acording to it.
But for me even after biometric no LDU change.

I contacted USCIS on 08/18/2006

hmmm..I contacted USCIS on 08/18/2006 just to verify if my name check is done? and I recieved following email. I thought Since they must have done something (entered my LIN#) that made my LUD changed to 08/19/2006. But looks like "ShekhChilli" is right earliar there used to be a little different messege for pending I-485 cases.

Btw, I still dont know if my name check is done or not. The message below "Your application will be processed pending availability of a Visa" Does it mean that name check is done? Please advise!

Also I got 2nd FP Notice on 06/01/2007 (1st one was on 04/12/2006). Appointment is on 20th. Is it advisable just to walk in at ASC and try to get FP done earliar? Has any one tried that?. I fear the Visa numbers are running out quickly. Please Advise!

Email Message:--
Dear XXX

On 08/18/2006 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- The applicant

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:

Receipt #:
-- LIN-XX-XXX-XXXXX

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- XXXXXXXXXXXX

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:
-- Case Status - Outside Processing Time

The status of this service request is:

This letter is a response to your correspondence regarding the I-485 filed on your behalf. Your application will be processed pending availability of a Visa. Please refer to the Department of State website, www.state.gov/travel <http://www.state.gov/travel> to determine current visa availability dates. We regret any misunderstanding. If you do not receive a decision or notice of other action within our current processing time, check our website for an update or call customer service at the number provided below.

ग्रीन कार्ड

LIN-XXXX(NSC)
PD 03/14/2002
I-485 RD 06/30/2005
FP1 RD 04/12/2006
FP2 RD 06/01/2007