Did anybody file an amended I-140?

Henry ForGC

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends:

Did anybody file an amended I-140 lately? What does the AVM say about the time it takes to process this kind of case? Please respond. Thanks in advance.

I filed amended I-140

AVM is the same as normal I-140: case will take 30 to 60 days.

But why is it different from official processing time?

What puzzles me is that the AVM-announced time is shorter than the official processing time for normal I-140 significantly. While for 485 cases, the AVM-announced time is longer than official processing time. Is "30-60 days" what AVM tells for all the I-140 cases? Since my original I-140 was approved in 2000, I don\'t remember what the AVM said at that time.

By the way, how long have you been waiting or did you wait since ND? My RD and ND for the amended I-140 is 12/28/01.

I have been waited since Oct. 2000.

As to the processing time, I have no idea. My lawyer told me that my I-485 may be approved before the amended I-140. The officer may approve the amended I-140 if it is not approved when he/she processes I-485.

It will be great if they can do that.

-------"The officer may approve the amended I-140 if it is not approved when he/she processes I-485."

So the implication of what your lawyer told you is that I-140 and I-485 are not necessarily handled by 2 different departments, is that correct?

-------"My lawyer told me that my I-485 may be approved before the amended I-140."

I can understand that situation if they don\'t know that you have a I-140 pending. However,was your amended I-140 filed in response to a RFE? If yes, how can they approve the I-485 case without approving the new I-140?

Anyway, I hope you get your approval soon regardless.