Did any one receive oath letter after Fairfax, Virginia Office interview?

naani

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends

We had been intervied at the Fairfax, Virginia office on Feb-10-2009 and got the approval. Now a days the DO does not conduct oath on the same day.

So did anybody get Oath letter after recent interviews?

Thanks
Naani

Waithing for oath letter

I had the interview on Feb 10 at Farifax Office. Officer told me that one of my file is missing and Decision can not be made. I believe when I applied my I-485 at vermont center they transffered my file to California. He is trying to loacte that file to make the final decision.

He also told me that there is goning be a big oath cermony some time later and he is sure that I will part of that.

I had interview on Feb. 17 and i passed the interview, was recommended for approval. The IO told me that nobody knows when fairfax will do oath ceremony due to the construction in the building. She said wait for a week or two.

Did anybody know when the big oath ceremony will be conducted? I will be on business trip out of country for a week in March.

Thanks for sharing information
NVA2009

Thanks nva2009

Thanks nva2009
Oh..That may be the valid reason, I also observed costruction work around the building.

But our badluck, many of us are waiting to take oath and travel outside the country with a new passport.

Thanks
Naani

Interview Passed

Did the interview on Feb 24th in Fairfax office but did not take the oath because it was too late and the officer told me they already had the last oath ceremony for that day. I did not see any construction work.

Has anybody received their oath letter?

Thanks,
Tintinx

I had an appointment on Feb. 24, 2009 too in Fairfax office around 2pm, everything went smooth. The immigration officer said congratulations and that I will be getting an invitation letter for a ceremony soon. She couldn't tell me any more details. I plan a trip abroad, but have to wait first for that letter, so I'm not booking anything yet.

I have the interview on 3/18/09 at 8:20am in fairfax office in va .. According to posts on this site.. Some people took the oath the same day and some did not.. I guess it depends on when your interview is and how well it went.. But assuming it went well and mine is at 8 am.. Does the fairfax office do oath cermonies same day or not? Can anyone with a recent experience shed some light on the subject? Specifically the fairfax office? How long did oath letter take if you did not take it the same day?

N-400 Fairfax VA

I had my interview on Feb 10 and rcvd my oath letter toady. Oath date is March 20 2009.

Got oath letter for spouse, March 20th

Hello All

Happy to share good news..My wife got Oath letter today (March 12).
Oath will be 1:00 PM 20th March Friday

Still waiting to get my oath letter, because I have opted for name change.

Wish you all good luck.
Naani

I have the interview on 3/18/09 at 8:20am in fairfax office in va .. According to posts on this site.. Some people took the oath the same day and some did not.. I guess it depends on when your interview is and how well it went.. But assuming it went well and mine is at 8 am.. Does the fairfax office do oath cermonies same day or not? Can anyone with a recent experience shed some light on the subject? Specifically the fairfax office? How long did oath letter take if you did not take it the same day?

I had an interview on Feb 24 in Fairfax office, as I wrote earlier and passed everything. The interview went smoother than I ever thought, it was mostly formality. That people who had interviews also had an oath on the same day, I think that used to be in the past, I don't think that's done anymore. My interview was in the afternoon, all my officer said was: Congratulations, You will get the oath letter soon... She would not tell me anything else. There is no information about the schedules of naturalization ceremonies nowhere to be found. I'm waiting for my oath letter and will you definetely know when I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you abbi, did you have the interview in the morning or afternoon? i heard that if you have the interview early, you might have the interview the same day... they are now doing oaths at the same building because i read that some people have their oath date on 3.20 at the same 2675 prosperity building...

thank you abbi, did you have the interview in the morning or afternoon? i heard that if you have the interview early, you might have the interview the same day... they are now doing oaths at the same building because i read that some people have their oath date on 3.20 at the same 2675 prosperity building...
I had an interview scheduled at 140 pm, but the actual time was around 245pm ( lots of people in the waiting area!).When I left at 3pm, there was almost nobody in the waiting area anymore. While I was waiting for my interview I know there was a naturalization ceremony happening in the building, because they were looking for some missing people who were supposed to attend it, that was around 2pm. Also, the parking is behind the building as you might know, and they charged 5$ in cash, so have some cash on you! I'm waiting still for my oath letter!

I had an interview scheduled at 140 pm, but the actual time was around 245pm ( lots of people in the waiting area!).When I left at 3pm, there was almost nobody in the waiting area anymore. While I was waiting for my interview I know there was a naturalization ceremony happening in the building, because they were looking for some missing people who were supposed to attend it, that was around 2pm. Also, the parking is behind the building as you might know, and they charged 5$ in cash, so have some cash on you! I'm waiting still for my oath letter!
I hope u get the OL soon.. Maybe some of us will get lucky and take the oath the same day.. I see no reason why we wouldn't if we are approved already and they are doing cerominies in the building now then we might as well just take it the same day too

I hope u get the OL soon.. Maybe some of us will get lucky and take the oath the same day.. I see no reason why we wouldn't if we are approved already and they are doing cerominies in the building now then we might as well just take it the same day too
Let us know how your interview go on Wednesday and good luck!

My husband had an interview today scheduled at 11 am in the Fairfax office, VA. He was interviewed at 12pm. The interview was over in less than 10 minutes. He is also scheduled for the oath this afternoon at 4pm. Timeline - applied last week of December 2008, fingerprinting in January 09, interview & oath 18th March. Wish you all Good Luck!

Let us know how your interview go on Wednesday and good luck!

hello everbody, just wanted to share the good news, i had my interview today at fairfax office... it was scheduled at 8:20 am.. i got there at 7:30... was called in around 8:15... very nice officer..last name is rhondue..went over app and 6 easy questions, what is capitol of va, who vetos bills and whats an ammendment, do not remember the rest... done 10 mins max... scheduled oath same day at 11 am... finished oath at 11:26 am... finally an american citizen.. applied for passport at post office,, back home at 1pm... wish everyone experience is as easy as mine was... thank you

hello everbody, just wanted to share the good news, i had my interview today at fairfax office... it was scheduled at 8:20 am.. i got there at 7:30... was called in around 8:15... very nice officer..last name is rhondue..went over app and 6 easy questions, what is capitol of va, who vetos bills and whats an ammendment, do not remember the rest... done 10 mins max... scheduled oath same day at 11 am... finished oath at 11:26 am... finally an american citizen.. applied for passport at post office,, back home at 1pm... wish everyone experience is as easy as mine was... thank you
Congratulations!!!!! I'm happy for you!

good morning,
Idem sbr2007, i had the interview on feb 10 and oath ceremony scheduled for march 20 in the morning.