Did any body got their work permit approval after concurrent filing?

to concurrent or not

Hello all-
I just got my LC approved last week- and am working on I-140 and I-485.
Can someone please advise the pros and cons of filing I-140 and I-485 concurrently?
Or else- what is the other advisable option- file I-485 after getting the receipt confirmation of I-140.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Sorry yaodong hu

Hi all,

Posted a reply to yaodong hu's query long time back, but it did not appear on the board.

I did go to Boston INS office on Oct 7th and got my EAD approved. Took the following documents with me:

1. Copy of I-140 receipt.
2. Copy of I-485 receipt.
3. Photos (were not necessary)
4. Money Order for $120.
5. Application for EAD and
6. Since an attorney represented me, a letter of representation from them.

The Boston INS office is in the JFK building in Govt center. Can be reached in Green/Blue lines. If you come out of the Green line subway station, as you come out, the JFK building is the one right across the open area in the Govt center. Hubby and I got there around 9:45 AM. The office for issuing EAD is on the first floor itself. Showed our documents and got ourselves a coupon and readied ourselves for the long 2 hrs wait as the coupon said. Thank God I had a novel with me to read :)

After about 2:15 wait, our # was called. The documents were checked, the photo returned to us and we were asked to give the MO and the form to another lady near the entrance to the room. We did that and again had to wait for 30 mins. Then we were called one by one inside for taking photo and finger printing. After than again a wait of 15 mins and voila, we had our cards. By the time we came out it was 2:30 in the afternoon. I have to say that it was not a bad experience at all.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

BTW, yaodong hu, it is a she, not a he :)

hi, luckymb, thanks for posting your experiences of getting EAD from local INS in Boston.

I live in Boston. I learned from INS website that only after 90 days you mailed application for EAD, and you don't get it, you could go to local INS for a temporary one. In your case, did the local INS ask you about this issue or the letter from your lawyer representative helped?

Is it required the company immigration lawyer who filed I485 needs to write such a letter or I could ask other lawyer to write such a letter? What's on the letter in a nutshell and is there specific name for the letter?

Thanks a lot!

Hi x admin,

I had not mailed my EAD application. I think you have two options with EAD. You can either mail it to the VSC and wait for them to approve it and then sent your card, etc. or just take all your documents and go to the local INS office and get it done within a day.

To come back to your question, since I had not applied earlier, the officer did not ask me for any such proof and the card that I got was not a temp one,but one valid for a year.

REgd. letter from an attorney, I have no clue either. I hope someone can help you on this.

Good Luck!

Hi best2002,

Yes you can apply for AP in the Local INS office itself. But I think you need to show them proof of your need for AP, like an itenary or tickets or something like that. Since I had no immediate plan for travel, I did not apply for AP in the Boston office. But wanted the EAD asap, so went into Boston office.

As far as I know, there are no risks in applying for AP & EAD in the local INS office. Just that you might end up spending a whole day there, but if you ask me, it is well worth it. You don't have to bother mailing out the applicaitons, waiting for receipts, then checking online or avm for approval and then having to wait for the card.

Then again, if you don't have any immediate need for EAD or AP, you might prefer mailing it out.

Good Luck!

hi, luckymb, I just found out your checklist has I140 receipt. Company won't give I140 receipt out, do you know if I140 receipt is required? My I140 is pending.

Hi x admin,

even my I-140 is pending, hence I took the I-140 receipt. If we think logically, if we have I-485 receipt means our I-140 is either pending or has been approved right?

But I don't have the answer to your question. Sorry!

Good Luck!

Received EAD card in mail.

I received my EAD card in mail today (Oct 12) and INS website told me on Oct 8 that it has been approved.

I140
RD - April 11 2002
Over 180 days and still waiting for approval

I485/I765/I130
filed using I140 receipt
RD - 9/13
FP notice for 10/22
EAD - 10/8

Good luck everybody

:)

rdip and Vicky,
Mine is EB2 category, Master's and I also have 5+ years of experience. Applied from VSC. It took a week for the physical EAD card to arrive by mail, from approval date.

Jaye

Any New EADs for People waiting on I-140s

Dear Poor Souls like me, who have been waiting for I-140 approvals at VSC since june or god knows when.....

Those of you who filed for EAD, have you received EAD recently ????
I dont see any new posts here.
Pl share the information.

hi peace0901, meow_meow & others

I-140 RD: 02/05/02
EAD/AP RD: 09/06/02

No approvals.
please update with any kind of news you get.

Endless Waiting continues.....

Here are my filing details -

I-140 RD: 07/22/02
485/EAD/AP RD: 09/20/02 (Filed with I-140 receipt)
FP: 10/05/02

I-140 AD: Waiting anxiously
I-485 AD: Not thinking yet

Keep the forum live guys and stop complaining about other's approvals. Our day will also come soon I hope.

Thanks!

HI,

Another effected one !!

Filled I-140 June 28
RD July 02
485/765/131 Oct 16 '02

no receipts

Guys,
My EAD is approved the details are

RD - 10/08/02
AD - 10/31/02

Good luck for rest of the GC process.

I have filed 140/485 at 09/09/02 but filed EAD/AP later on in EB3 category.