DHS Agencies Change Names; "BCIS" is now "USCIS"

Edison

Registered Users (C)
http://www.usvisanews.com/memo2135.html

DHS Agencies Change Names; "BCIS" is now "USCIS"
Three divisions of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) -- the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS), the Bureau of Customs and Border Protection (BCBP), and the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (BICE) -- have, reportedly, dropped the word "Bureau" from their names. The new names of these entities are: USCIS, CBP, and ICE.

What are the practical implications for immigrants? Well, none that we know of at this moment. Filing fee checks made out to USCIS, BCIS, and DHS are all accepted. Even checks made out to "INS" are still currently being accepted. Also, the website for the agency is still http://www.bcis.gov.

Next comes City name changes, Street name changes,...........

If your city or street name is changed then you have to submit AR-11. Next few years BCIS, sorry USCIS will be busy with AR-11, so don't expect any I-485 approvals.

Did someone from Indian govt. joined US govt? India changed names from Madras to Chennai, Bombay to Mumbai bla bla. What difference it made?

BCIS to UC... my 485 is still hanging in the air. I dont care whatever its called...

By dropping the letter "B", they would like to drop their Bureaucracy and make the USCIS a more efficient government agency, hopefully.

You mean USI

You mean USI....So in short form we can call US ......What...Which US....ohh...talking about the US where Softwares brains are exported......

Good

Old vine in a new bottle :D

It doesn't matter how many times they change the names, the outcome is not going to improve. Now by removing "Bureau" from the name itself is showing how burocratic this division is. I am sure they have spent so many man days of all the top people to come up with this instead of spending the time on better things.

As I was reading somewhere else, US is catching up (with India). The power failures, the games of politicians, and now the name changing spree :rolleyes: :) :p

Re: Old vine in a new bottle :D

Originally posted by r15118
It doesn't matter how many times they change the names, the outcome is not going to improve. Now by removing "Bureau" from the name itself is showing how burocratic this division is. I am sure they have spent so many man days of all the top people to come up with this instead of spending the time on better things.

As I was reading somewhere else, US is catching up (with India). The power failures, the games of politicians, and now the name changing spree :rolleyes: :) :p

Very well said!