Detroiters, can I finger print before the appointment date? Anyone did this

DONZ

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Detroits:

Has anyone from Detroit ever done the finger print before the appointment date? The office is in Chene Square Mall, does it open on Saturday? I see Wednesday and Saturday in the reschedule notice down below. I think if I can do it on Saturday, It would be perfect for me.

Thanks for your kind input.

Is that even possible?

Will INS entertain pre-finger printing when they clearly meniton date and timing for one person\'s FP? We wouldn\'t know unless someone try it in Detroit. Any inputs would be appreciated. Saturday would be great for me as well as many, I guess...

Why not?

I did see some early FP at NY or other centers, but haven\'t see any at Detroit. It is time to give it a try.

EARLY FP @ DETROIT

I tried to do the FINGERPRINT 10 days earlier to the scheduled date and they refused to do that.

On the scheduled date I went couple of hours early and they took it.

Leeko.
Southfield.MI

EARLY FP @ DETROIT

I tried to do the FINGERPRINT 10 days earlier to the scheduled date and they refused to do that.

On the scheduled date I went couple of hours early and they took it.

Leeko.
Southfield.MI

Now they are not allowing

1. It opens on Saturday as well
2. They used to accept earlier FP 2 months ago, but NOT NOW.
3. One thing they have told me is the day is important and you can go at any time on the scheduled day and need not to go exactly at the same time.
4. I went for my FP 4 hours earlier, they did it immediately (15 mts)

Thanks!

Red Card, thanks for the info on your experience.
Leeko, Thank you too. I was planning to just show up and just request them for a pre-FP (with a doctor\'s certificate or so) since I probably would be difficult for me to do in the first week of FEB. I don\'t want to postpone it either since we NEVER KNOW when they going to reschedule.....as it is it late.....
Thank for the info..guys and gals in Detroit

i was allowed

It depends from area to area, in my case i was assigned the local Police Station, and they told me I could come any working day before or after the designated date with no problem, however this was also in april of 2001, am not sure how lenient they r being now?

No Title

Police station is different than ASC\'s for finger printing. I had done it in police station station for my canadian residence application (it is like any time!).
Application support centers might squeeze one depending on how much strict are they these days OR howmany applicats have postponed FP on that day, I believe....it might be just luck on one\'s part...

How about Weekend?

Guys:

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. Anyone walk in on Saturday?
If people there are not so many, is that possible they will allow early FP? Just wonder why here are so stringent, my friends at LA went to FP two month earlier.

Thanks for your response.

No You cannot

I was scheduled for FP in the afternoon at 2.00 PM.
I went there 2 weeks early and explained them that I have another appointment scheduled on the same day ay 1.00 Pm. They asked me to come in the morning on the same day for FP. I went in the morning on the day of my appointment and they did it.

Not even saturday

I walked in on saturday for prior FP (10 days before scheduled date) and they asked me to go at the entrance only.

Detroit ASC is pretty stiff

Thanks guys. I guess I have to go at the scheduled date. Just don\'t see why Detroit ASC is so stiff. We got FP notice pretty late.

local transfer

I read in another posting that (city is unknown) some guys got local transfers....almost all of them had got their FP done few days earlier than originally scheduled. What do you guys think....Do the local transfers have any connection, what so ever?