Detroit Interview

no w2 forms

Guys i need help...
I dont have one years w2 form and the other question is do they check what salary we have earned in the w2 since i did not work the whole year the eaxes paid too are low....
i have applied for my fbi clearance but just in case i dont get it by the date of my interview what do i do?
appreciate ur help....

I guess it will not be a problem with w2 as long as you don't claim the work experience during that period,

May be you can say that you are on a vacation or you employer did not pay you,

Please Update the site once your interview is done and best of luck, Please let me know your time line , I am one like you who has problems with w2 and I got the IA in April 2004,
I did not find many replys on w2 and your input will be of great help for others who follow

pay stubs could also be the proof of employment in USA when u don't have w2 form yet..

My interview on July 26th 2004

Hi guys,
The interview was only for 5 to 10 mins....
1st important thing for anyone going for an interview is to get their CAIP notes...becoz that gives u the case details and u know exactly what they are looking for....
In my case they did not find my first USA company website and phone number so they wanted to check out my information.
My interview was at 9:30 a.m I reached there at 8 a,m as the detroit embassy opens at that time.....
As i reached there i submitted my documents...
I was called in at 9:00 a.m
She told me that they could not find the website of my company thats why they called me for an interview.
1.website of the my earlier company
2.job description then and now
3.MY WORK HISTORY IS MESSED UP, BUT I TOLD HER I WAS ON BENCH AND HAD TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF SO I HAD TO TAKE A TEMPORARY JOB...
4.what is my current salary
5.which place i am gonna land in canada
Confidence and honesty is what they are looking for.....Relax....
My time line
applied january 2001
file number april 2001
interview July 26 , 2004

Good luck to all........
They are not worried if work history is incomplete as long as u hava valied answer as to what u were doing...So dont worry about it....

How come i got my interview in Detriot?

Guys,

I received my file number on Jan 20, 2004. Today I got my initial assessment indicating that my interview will be scheduled in Detriot, MI. I am from Boston area and the nearest consulate for me to give this interview is New york consulate. Why the hell they put me in the list of individual to be interviewd in detriot. Is this a mistake or everybody is getting interview like this? I am just wondering if anything can be done about this?

How long is it taking to be called for an interview at Detriot and New york? Please guide me here to take a decision whether i should write a letter to them to change the venue or not.

Dertoit Interview.

Hi All,
Any one got detroit interview recently????????????I got a letter from baffelo saying that i need to be in detroit
thanks in advance
raj

Hello Chicagopains

What is your time line? I received a letter from Buffalo saying my file will be transferred to Detroit for interview and they (Detroit office) will inform me 2 months prior to the date when the interview is scheduled.

My timeline:
AOR: Feb 7, 2004
IA: Sept 14, 2004
Interview: Have been waiting...

Goodluck
FAA

chicagopains said:
Hi All,
Any one got detroit interview recently????????????I got a letter from baffelo saying that i need to be in detroit
thanks in advance
raj

Police certificate from india

Hello friend,
My interview is scheduled on Jun-20 at Detroit MI, and I read allot of usefull info but I have few question:

*NJ police department do not take finger print card, so where should I get my finger print card?
* Is it true that finger print card send to FBI office, WV, is it correct?
*How can I get US Police clearance?
*Does Canadian consulate, get the police clearnce certificate from india or we should provide them?
*I got most of my docment except fbi finger print and medical , is it required at time of interview?

*DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPEN IF I would request for reschedule the interview from detroit, mi to new york consulate, while they already schedule my interview?

Can you please help me with this question?

Thanks in advance

*NJ police department do not take finger print card, so where should I get my finger print card?
* Is it true that finger print card send to FBI office, WV, is it correct?
*How can I get US Police clearance?

US police clearance is FBI clearance. You will have to get your fingerprints on the FBI card. Either go to your local police department. In NJ I got my fingerprints done from :

Global Community Services
16 Liberty Avenue
Jersey City
NJ 07306

Phone - 201 792 4520

Charge $25 (He provides the FBI cards)

Procedure to get FBI clearance:

You must provide:
• A copy of our letter requesting that you obtain a Police Record Check (PC-1 letter
enclosed). Affix your own name and address label.
• A full set of fingerprints. Fingerprints should be provided on the FBI fingerprint card,
but fingerprints may be obtained from a local police department as long as you have proof
of your identity, or from a private organization engaged in the fingerprinting business. Do
not contact any FBI office for fingerprinting. You may request a blank fingerprint form by
writing to the FBI at this address:
· FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS Division)
Attention: SCU Mod D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virgina 26306 USA
• Certified cheque or money order for US $18 made payable to the U.S. Treasury.
• Always specify that you require fingerprints for Canadian Immigration purposes.
Processing times may take between three and six weeks. The FBI will send you the results. You should send
the fingerprints with any attached documents from the FBI to the Regional Program Centre. All police
certificates must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37048.pdf

NJ State clearance is different. You have to get it only if they have asked you. Search the net for the procedure.

*Does Canadian consulate, get the police clearnce certificate from india or we should provide them?

NO. You will have to provide clearance from India as well but only if they have asked you to provide it in the interview letter. You can get the indian police clearance from Indian embassy in NY.

*I got most of my docment except fbi finger print and medical , is it required at time of interview?

You should get medical done ASAP. The FBI clearance is taking approx 8 to 10 weeks so you better send your fingerprints soon. Mention in your letter to FBI that you have interview on 20th June and request them to send you the clearance early if possible.

*DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPEN IF I would request for reschedule the interview from detroit, mi to new york consulate, while they already schedule my interview?

Please do not re-schedule your interview. It will delay the processing of your case significantly.

Will appreciate it if you can share with us your interview experience in detail.

Again I would like to extend my thanks for valuable information regarding detriot interview.

I am NJ and my interview is scheduled at Detroit, MI on Jun-20. As I asked earlier that I am going to get my finger print done soon but it will take 4-6 week time.

Is it ok to attand the interview and told them I already sent the finger print for FBI clearance?

I have some of my educational transcript and degree in hindi, is there any place in NJ, I should get notarize the translated document in english?

If it's ok to attand the interview at detroit and request to arrange interview for my wife at new york because I have baby it's difficult to drive from NJ to detroit, What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance

hey man.

Interview scheduled for Oct 31.Applied May 05 AOR june IA april Interview Oct 31,05.

FAA said:
Hello Chicagopains

What is your time line? I received a letter from Buffalo saying my file will be transferred to Detroit for interview and they (Detroit office) will inform me 2 months prior to the date when the interview is scheduled.

My timeline:
AOR: Feb 7, 2004
IA: Sept 14, 2004
Interview: Have been waiting...

Goodluck
FAA

Hello Chicagopains

I had my interview in Detroit on Sept 20 and everything went well. They issued my visa on the same day. You can read more details and experience under the 'Buffalo Tracker' thread.

FAA

chicagopains said:
Interview scheduled for Oct 31.Applied May 05 AOR june IA april Interview Oct 31,05.

Can you send me your prsonel id

FAA said:
Hello Chicagopains

I had my interview in Detroit on Sept 20 and everything went well. They issued my visa on the same day. You can read more details and experience under the 'Buffalo Tracker' thread.

FAA
Hi FAA ,
please send me your e-mail id please
thanks in advance
RAJ