Detroit Interview

hqusa

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends,

I'll go to Detroit for PR interview.
Anything special i need to be aware of?
In most case, can we get the decision or even passport stamped at that day?
pls share your experence.

Thanks a lot!

They will confirm your education, experience, English proficiency and personal admissibility to Canada. It took around 40 minutes in my case. They will approve/deny your case and you might have to do medicals and then they will request PP by mail. They don't stamp on the spot.

Mayank

I had an interview at Detroit last week.
They checked all the educational documents, employement letters and kept updated FBI police clearance certificate. He told me that i may submit the landing fees and everything is fine except police clearnce certificates from Pakistan, becasue i am from pakistan. I explained that Citizens of Pakistans does not require from their own country and that is stated in your immigration web site.
he said no now it is required and fairly good number of peoples providing it and so he can not excempt it while fairly good number of applicalts providing us. He told me to send send Passports for stamping along with police clearance certificate as soon as you get your police clearance certificates.
He gave me his contact #'s, email to contact if i need anything.

thanks Mayank, nimranoor for the info.

nimranoor,

did you bring all original docs or they just checked the copies?
when did you do your medical exam?
good luck!

Hi hqusa,

We had our Medicals done two months prior of interview means the 2nd week of Feb 2004.
Yes you have to carry all origionals documents with you plus all supporting docuemnts like Paystubs, Employement conformation, Apartment Lease, Bank Statement, Police Clearance Certificates from USA.

Everything single document you can think about.

regards -

in the interview notice, it asked "PROOF of Language Proficiency".
i don't have any.. so what is the solution?
does anyone who is working in USA had problem about this during
the interview in Detroit?

Thanks!

just share with u guys the timeline for FBI clearance these days:

mail the FP card on: 4/8
received back on: 5/17

hi guys,
I have also got an interview call from detroit on July 26, anything important i need to know about any questions they asked u'll about, should i do my medicals and take them? i applied in january 2002 and got the interview call today june 5,i have had a long wait...any help wpuld be appreicate, my email address is rohini_9@yahoo.com
thank u and good luck to all

You should do your medicals 2 months before your interview date

can you please post your timeline , like when your file is transfered to detorit and the date of your interview

my medical expired when i did interview. so they will mail me the
forms and ask me do i again after interview.

just be cool when interview and answer every question with the truth
(it was my fault to feel frustrate about their questions, because i could
not explain clearly about my messed up employment histroy... and i also
didn't want to complain that was because it took too long for the case
approval... i felt 40 mins abusing.. but after that, i told myself, u
got everything u wanted.. nothing need to be upset about..)

congrats hqusa ,
Even my employement record is not that good ,
can you please suggest what we should say ?

Hi tara_6,

I had my intervew on April 12 2004 at Detroit Consulate 10 O Clock. We got there by 9 PM and submitted all documents to the receptionist along with the letter shows the date and time of interview, they collected all passports, pic, all documents and were asked to wait till the office call our name, that day there were too many peoples there for visit visa and the samll waiting section was full of peoples. we waited there for one and half hour then a laday immgration officer called us and told me that wife and kids can stay outside and no need to go in if she feel that she need them she will them, then she took me to her office and told me that i am sorry that you waited soo long i said that's okay. She said i did not look all of you documents and stopped looking when i get what i was looking for. I dont know what she was looking for. I took my IELTS exam as well. My relatives are in Canada so i asked for 5 extra points she said she may go into that detail if you need those points.
The she aske the following quesitions.
1) How many kids you have? I said 2.
2) What are the countries yu had visited ? Only USA
3) Wha is your responsibilities in your company ? Assist junior programmers, Prepare technical cpecification, etc etc . Explain your responsibilities.
4) Then she said what is platform like windows platform, Unix Platform? I explained what platform is then she said your defination was really good and gave me a good smile i said thank you.

that's it she said you did medical and you have updated FBI and i have everythhing except Pakistani police clearance certificates. I said it was not required to get them from Pakistan. She said yes but now a days good number of peoples are providing it and i can not excempt you while other peoples are providing i said it is ivery difficuly to get it from pak she says atleast if you can get a letter that they can issue you a police clearance certificate that will be sufficant.
She give me her visitin card and told me to submit the passports when you get pakistani police clearance certificate.
I said do i need some passport request letter from you ? she no just attached my card and send you passport.
After that day In two weeks i got the police certificate and send everyitng back to consulate along with passports and got my visa stamped

Take updated US police clearance certificate
Take IELTS
Take letter from your current employer
Take pay stubs
Everyting you can think of.

I hope this will help you.

regards -

hi guys,
I have also got an interview call from detroit on July 26, anything important i need to know about any questions they asked u'll about, should i do my medicals and take them? i applied in january 2002 and got the interview call today june 5,i have had a long wait...any help wpuld be appreicate, my email address is rohini_9@yahoo.com
thank u and good luck to all

Interview help

THanks nmohsin for all the detailed help,
I had two other questions
1. i have been in usa for 3 yrs and i have my w2 for 2 yrs only will that be a problem,
2. my emplyment history is not continuos, what can i do about that...
3. If i get the indian police clearance from Indian embassy in New york is tha sufficient or do i need to get one from india also....
HQusa will appreicate any help from urside too about ur experience with regard to this ....thanks guys and goo dluck to all...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wud appreicate ur help, i have a messed up emplyment record too...out of 3 yrs i have been here i have 3 yrs of w2 forms only, what do i do about it...what were the kind of questions they asked u, any help would be greatly appreicated....my interview is coming up soon, i applied in january 2002 and have just got the interview call...

HQUSA, MAYANKDEV, NIMRANOOR, if u guys cud share ur interview expericne and the questions u'll were asked will help me and many others who are going to go for the interview.....

thanks and good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
my sugestion:
don't hide/ignore anything and tell the canadian the truth.
(unless u have sth need to be kept as secret..)
i guess most people would have a peaceful and simple interview..

for me, i did some part-time work last year, and I didn't
write it down in my application form because it's not related
to my major/professional career.. but i accidently gave them
the W2 for this job, which made the canadian lady sensitive...
also, i don't have "PROOF of Language Proficiency", she asked
me write an article about my current job duty at her desk...

again, just be cool and be co-operate..

W2's required

Hi Tara,

I have the same problem as yours .... maybe a little worse actually. They have asked me to submit W2's from 1998-2002. I only have W2's for 2000 and 2001. I have decided to tell them the truth and that I only have W2's for these 2 years and if they want to consider my experience just for 1-2 years, that's ok. I still have more than 67 points. My big concern is they may reject the case because on the application I said I have more than 4 years of exp. My interview was waived, let see what happens. I will reply to them in couple of weeks as I'm waiting to receive my H4. I'll submit a copy of that too.

If anybody else has/had the same problem as ours, please share your thoughts.

Regards.

HQUSA. did he ask u any other questions that i need to be aware of....
I dont have one years w2 , do they look at what taxes i have paid in the past as i did not work the whole year so the taxes ive paid are less...wil that have any problems....

they took all my w2s but they didn't take my tax returns.

don't worry about employment history.. just tell the truth.
but i think currently employed would help..
anothor important thing is showing them u have enough money
to immigrate to canada (current proof of funds)..

good luck.

interview

last year i went for interview at detroit. here is detail.

Took all the documents i can think of.

1. All exp letters
2. All degree/certificates (original)
3. All my employment letters including offer letters. (USA)
4. W2's (last couple of yrs)
5. Bank statements
6. EAD's

I had to wait for couple of hrs. Interview was over in 15 minutes & i was approved. Didn't hide anything. Looks like she had spent atlest 30 minutes on my documents and she knew what my case was. She wanted to clarify couple of things before approval. (ex: Why I wanted to move to canada?, what is EAD? (she knew, but she wanted me to tell her that I had applied for US GC, which technologies i'm working on, do i know salary diff, etc..))

Did medical after interview was cleared, didn't wanted to waste $400.

hope this helps...