Detailed Review ..

LS_2004

Registered Users (C)
Today My lawyer got a response from INS saying my case is under detailed review. Any idea what this means or how long it might take for adjudication. Please advice...

I am sorry to tell you buddy. It can take quite sometime. If you are lucky it can be done next day. Its all as random as you winning a lotto ;-) I am in the same boat.

delayscks said:
I am sorry to tell you buddy. It can take quite sometime. If you are lucky it can be done next day. Its all as random as you winning a lotto ;-) I am in the same boat.
Hmm. Did you try to find out why the detailed review is for ?

LS2004

If you read the transcript of deposition of Paul Pierre, you can find that he (chief of operations of CIS) stated that the processing of all I485 is exactly the same. The existance of some kind of "detailed review" is a legend (a lie) used by CIS to say: your case stuck at some point (most often in FBI security checks), don't bother us, just wait.

Response to E-mail from CSC.

This case is undergoing detailed review. Please allow sufficient time
for
processing.

Thank you,
Kathleen Bergey
Center Adjudications Officer
Congressional & Consumer Relations Division XII
California Service Center

---------------------------------------------------------------------
RD : Nov 2002

Applied for 3 EAD and AP.

My friend got his 485 approved in 32 days ! :) :) Thats a record

I have the same email too. I sent a replay:

Dear Miss Kathleen Bergey:

Thank you very much for your attention to my case.
I did not ask about the case status. My questions was: why my fingerprint check expired 8 months ago, but no 2nd fingerprints have been scheduled?
I would like bring your attention that my case can not pass through the detailed review without a valid fingerprint report.
Thank you very much,

detailed review

dear friends,
it looks like more and more people are selected for "detailed review." it really sucks. I also contacted Senator Babara Boxer a few weeks ago. Her staff sent an inquiry to CSC. will see what will happen.
Hang in there,
Baywatcher

Whats the regular processing time for a Name Check assuming USCIS & FBI doesnt make any mistakes ?? Any idea .. Just wondering... I beleive my case might have been selected for name check after RFE response for Birth Certificate on Nov 12th..

I am noticing that its the same person sending FBI pending emails to all of us. It is the now famous "Kathleen Bergey". May be she is just the PR person, but why not consider the possibility that she puts all the cases that go to her under detailed review!!!

delayscks,

probably not. My department just called CSC to learn that my name check request was sent January 2004. They did not process my case because they did not get the result for name check. No idea how long the name check is going to take... It really sucks.

Iris

LS_2004 said:
Whats the regular processing time for a Name Check assuming USCIS & FBI doesnt make any mistakes ?? Any idea .. Just wondering... I beleive my case might have been selected for name check after RFE response for Birth Certificate on Nov 12th..

According to Paul Pierre deposition it is taking 30 to 45 days to get a name check from FBI.

That is if everyrhing is OK but if for any reason you got a hit on the FBI database I think that an officer has to verify manually by checking your name, your DOB ect ...
That part of the process I do not know how long it takes ...

you need a heck lot of patience for the "detailed review"...

Hi, all,
Though I'm really reluctant to scare you guys, I have to say this waiting process for the "detailed review/name check" perhaps will be much longer than what u expected. Maybe someone will be lucky who could get the detailed review/name check cleared as stated by FBI, such as 3 days or one month, blah, blah... But as I've seen here, most guys as me got stuck there for years. My name check was initiated by CSC in March 2003, and the name check is still hanging on there in FBI. I asked local senater to contact the FBI but the reply is he couldn't do much about this. I sent email and mail to FBI and there is no one word that comes back to me. Besides praying for good luck, I really can't do anything else. To be honest, I'm really really frustrated by this long long waiting :mad: :( . My I-485 RD is Dec. 2002 and a lot of guys around me whose cases are filed much later have got approved several months back. Well, I sincerely hope you guys can be much luckier than me.

peaceintheheart
Did you write to FBI in the last couple months. They seem to be responding within 3-4 weeks from the date you send them the letter. Send them snail certified mail and wait for 3-weeks. You will hear from them. (Senetors can only find out if it is stuck in name check. They don't do anything more).

thanks for ur info.

Hi, delayscks,
Great thanks for ur info. Back on Nov. 10th, 2004, I sent inquiry email to FBI asking for the name check status. I heard from someone here that they would give me some feedbacks in six weeks. But I never got any reply. About one week ago, I sent out a delivery confirmation mail to Mr. Hardy asking him again for the name check status. Maybe I need to follow what u said, another two or three weeks, trying to see what I could get this time. Anyway, thanks a lot for your input.