DETAIL INFO: Successful CP in Delhi, Dec 14.

Sam Rij

Registered Users (C)
Packet 3 sent Oct 3rd
Name enterd in System Oct 11th
Interview Date: Dec 14
Reached Delhi Dec 8

Medical: Dr. Jain in South Ex. Dec 10 (Had taken an appointment on Dec 3rd from US)
Reached Dr. office at 8:30 AM and gave passport and interview documents. Waited and after 45 minutes was told to go to Defence Colony to get X-ray done. Took auto and went and got X-ray done and came back in about an hour. Waited again and was asked a series of health related questions for a form. Called in to Doc\'s office at 11:30 AM. Doc took weight, height, vitals, gave a couple of shots, drew blood and that was it. Collected report the same evening at 5:30 AM.

Did not have a birth certificate so next day tried to get that from Delhi registrar. No luck there but collected some information and gave contact info to a public relations officer. A guy called late in the night and helped get the birth certificate on Dec 12th.

Interview Day: Reached consulate at 8:15 AM. Entered at 8:30 AM. Stood in Queue 1 where they verified case number. Stood in queue 2, consular officer gave oath and then signed part II. Stood in queue 3 to pay the fees. Finally was called to submit documents. My case was an EB1 category case. The guy at the counter collected the following
Form Parts I and II
Pictures
Employer letter
Tax returns
Medical report
Thats it, told me to come back at 4:30 PM
Reached consulate in the evening at 4:45 PM. Waited till they called all family based folks and they all walked away without any documents, started thinking that they might ask me to come back on tuesday (Monday was Id holiday). Finally couple of EB category folks were called and were given packages so there was hope of getting the documents the same day. My name was the last one to be called but the guy gave all the documents and I walked out happy.

POE JFK New York Dec 29
Gave documents to immigration officer in US citizens queue. Officer assigned A number and gave all the documents back to take into an immigration room. Was called in after about a 20 minutes wait to sign a paper and to give finger prints. The officer gave me the passport after that and that was it.

If anybody wants more details or has any questions, let me know.

Sam_Rij

Congratulations Sam! can u pls provide details

about the procedure to get Birth Certificate or non-Availability Cert from Delhi. Also if u can provide the name and contact # of the guy who called u up, as he can help us with the matter...
if u want that it\'s better to email, can u pls email me at happy_singh01@yahoo.com
Thanks and Good Luck...

No Title

Hi Sam:

Since yours was Eb1 category, was the salary on the Employment letter same as on the I140 petition? Was yours L1 visa?

No Title

Jaikishin

I was on H1b visa. The salary on my employment letter was higher than that on the I140 petition. Hope this helps.

Sam_Rij

Thanks for Posting the details its really very helpful...

If you are familiar with delhi can you please suggest some hotels,

I have interview in Jan last week.

Thanks

Hi Sam_Rij ... So there ws no interview at all...

Was it with you or most of the people for EB IV category ...
also did everyone got there approval for EB IV category it helps to know pyschologically...

Thanks

No Title

Lucky:

Nope I was not asked a single question. I do not know if others were.

Sam_Rij

No Title

Ashoka and Samrat (Gov. hotels) are very close to the consulate. Maurya and Taj are better ones that I would recommend that are also close by (5-10 minutes by an Auto/Taxi).

Sam_Rij