Despondent no more!

despo

Registered Users (C)
After a long and arduous journey of over 4.5 years, I recently got my 1-485 approval. Today we got our passports stamped at Arlington, and this final step is best described in the words of someone from this board "as painful as the rest of the process...", given the wait in icy conditions outside the Arlington office at 6 AM in the morning.

For the keepers of various trackers etc., here are my details:
PD: 7/96
EB3 India
I-485 ND: 7/26/1999
FL: 5/14/2000
RFE: 9/29/2000 (I-140 redo because of company merger)
I-140 ND: 10/23/2000
I-140 AD: 11/30/2000
I-485 AD: 12/11/2000

2 EADs and 1 AP. Used AP once to travel outside the country.

I am not from Rapidigm, Comsys, i-Gate, etc.

Called VSC about 5 times, but didn\'t get much useful information. Tried to keep my wits about me as I saw cases with NDs later than mine getting approvals and RFEs. In my analysis, the key to this whole process is finding the right lawyer who is responsive and knowledgable. I have experienced a good lawyer as well as an atrocius one during my processing, and I would highly recommend taking the extra time and spending the extra dollar in finding the right lawyer before commencing the process.

Finally, I hope that what we now have (GC) is worth the pain, frustration and angst that we went through. Time will tell.

Good luck to everybody.

No Title

Congratulations! I\'ve updated the tracker.

I personally ponder over that question "of worth" at times. I feel that I will be as happy (or may be more!) as I am now without it. It sure will give us more choices. (That in itself may or may not be good just like in marketing). You are right, only time can tell!

The good thing is that it enables me to look at things and weigh things differently.

Wish you good luck. Someday somebody is going to write about these incidents, just like today they are talking (and working) on the Ellis Island.

No Title

can you tell me the good lawyer\'s contact info. I would like to get a good lawyer to handle my case. thanks in advance.

No Title

myladoor, I appreciate your work. Time will recognize your effort.

I wish you good luck.

Despo. Congratulations!

No Title

Thanks, Myladoor and vrcs. Myladoor - I have never visited or viewed you tracker info, but from the several postings I have seen on this board, it seems to be a useful tool for many. Keep up the good work.

wait1998 - Check your private message.

No Title

Hey despo,

Congratulations! I too got approved. It was on 12/18. Did you have to take the original approval letter or was the courtesy copy sufficient? I have received the latter. Don\'t want to wait for the original approval copy which was sent to the lawyer who is in CA. I need to be out of town for a month and was hoping to wrap this up before I leave.

Thanks

No Title

Thanks, Aqua and xrx.

Aqua - Hope you get you I-140 and I-485 approvals soon. And, good work trying to sniff out those frauds on this board!

xrx - I waited till I got the originals from the lawyer, so couldn\'t tell you definitively if the courtesy copy will work or not. Although I\'ve read on this board that the courtesy copy works too. Try doing a search for \'courtesy\' on this board, and I\'m sure you\'ll find the posts I\'m talking about.

No Title

Hi Myladoor.

Can you please add me in your VSC tracker?
Here\'s my info:

PD:11/98
I140 approved on 8-2000
I485 ND is 10-20-2000
FP ND is 11-20-2000
FP done yesterday, 12-26-2000

Thank you so much. Goodluck to us all!

GMC