Desperately need help as to where to send upgrade request..

nattydreads

Registered Users (C)
I am totally confused right now becuz i read here on the 'News Flash' concerning I-130 petitions pending at the Califonia Service Center to send an email to CSC-XII.130@dhs.gov which i did on the same day that my husband became a citizen along with the naturalization certificate....I got an email back from them stating that they dont accept emails from the public...etc....so please call the 1-800 number at the service center.

Now the service center is telling my husband to send this to the Department of state National visa center in Rochester...but pls tell me if i'm wrong...cuz the 'News flash' on here said for approved petitions that are located at the department of state....and my I-130 was transfered from Texas to California last September and is still pending......so i'm going crazy right now..

So can someone please help and advice?. I wld really appreciate. Thank u

130 application

You are right. It is always confusing. In my case, my husband got the citizenship and we called the 800 number the same day. He had a name change too (I forgot to mention that). They asked for the naturalization certificate number, on a preemptive basis, I sent the copies of Naturalization certificate, name change and 130 receipt by mail to CSC.

I then received a letter saying that I am supposed to fax the above to some california number. I faxed it again and now I have received two letters that they do not receive any information through Fax !!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Total breakdown of processes inside. :mad: :mad: Anyway, I decided to apply for AOS and sent the whole package again to Chicago Lockbox. Now the AOS process is along the way and 130 will be approved when 485 is approved (hopefully during the interview).

Just so frustrating!

Its like all of the workers at CIS seem not to know much......its really ridiculous and just so frustrating cuz who else is one suppose to get advice from ......one person says one thing and another says something else....so right now u are left with your head all tangled up becuz of not knowing which is right.

Honestly if it wasnt for this forum i wld be a complete, total block head :eek: But anyways i sent out 2 copies, one to the CSC and the other to National visa center. so the worse case scenario is that they both dont accept it; atleast i will know something.....so we are in the process of sending out the I-485 so atleast i will know something was sent to the right place :rolleyes:

Thanks again......and Good Luck to u and everyone.