• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

desperate help on dv lottery

hemal1128

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I have an h-1b application which is on appeal and i got a dv-lottery notifaction that i have won and i need to go to the local ins to file for my adjustment of status. However i have already filed for 485 which has been pending since 3 months. Should i go ahead and file for the dv-lottery notification or wait for the other 485 that i've filed. I am really confused and need desperate help. Your input will be valuable to me.

By the way i was on b-2 visas n then applied for h-1b which is on appeal at the moment.

Hemal

Assuming that you refer to DV 2006, wait until Oct 1, 2005, then
depending on your case number you may file another I-485 based on
your DV. (It does not hurt to have multiple I-485 aplications).
On the other hand, instead of applying for I-485, you may wish to
process through the US embassy in your home country as well.
(It is called Consular Processing). Read your package for that

hemal1128 said:
Hi, I have an h-1b application which is on appeal and i got a dv-lottery notifaction that i have won and i need to go to the local ins to file for my adjustment of status. However i have already filed for 485 which has been pending since 3 months. Should i go ahead and file for the dv-lottery notification or wait for the other 485 that i've filed. I am really confused and need desperate help. Your input will be valuable to me.

By the way i was on b-2 visas n then applied for h-1b which is on appeal at the moment.

Hemal

Hemal,
is it 2006 or 2005? if it is 2005 you will have to act soon. If it is 2006 then you have to wait till october 01st until the new fiscal year become current. It may be faster if you do consular processing. I won in 2003 and did I-485 and it took a long time. Finally I got the GC from my work and gave up the DV.
By the way, are you from Sri lanka?
Hope this helps.
PWDG

well my i-94 has expired and i''m waiting for my h-1b appeal answer. Is there any way possible i'll be able to do cousualr processing or i'll have to wait for my h-1b decision to be made.

Hemal

hemal1128 said:
well my i-94 has expired and i''m waiting for my h-1b appeal answer. Is there any way possible i'll be able to do cousualr processing or i'll have to wait for my h-1b decision to be made.

Hemal
This is my understanding. Others can also give you more input.
Your H-1 is a dual intent non immigrant visa. Your DV is an immigrant visa. These are very different cases. Your DV will allow you to do CP or AOS but not both. Your DV case is by state department (in case of CP). Your H-1 has to be addressed by USCIS seperately. These are two different government agencies. Yes, you can do CP while your H-1 is pending. I can give you more input if you let me know if your case is DV2005 or DV2006.