Desperate help on Address Change!!!

froggy

Registered Users (C)
Lost job!Desperate help on Address Change!!!

Jan'02 RD waiting for approval every minute, but nightmare has come true. Lost job last Friday, but going to move in 2 weeks.

My questions are:
1. should I report address change before or after I move?
2. Call 1800 first or file A11 first?
3. What to put for Current Employer on AR11?
- Leave it blank, or my old employer?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Help!!!!

EAC02-111-xxxxx
1st FP: 7/19/02 (expiring soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
Report change of address using AR11

As per law, AR 11 is required.
For them to send your approval notice, you have to call and notify USIS.[Note: Your lawyer also receives an approval notice]
Other than that, unless you get a RFE you should be fine.
Good Luck.

Thank you for good wish,

I have been dreaming for it day and night. It would be a miracle that I've learned hard not to put too much hope on.

But still I need advice on Address Change.

Thank you, OmGV,

but what about the timing, before or after moving? and the employer info?

Re: Thank you, OmGV,

You have to inform them with in 10 days after your complete move. Take the permission of current employer to include the name.

Originally posted by froggy
but what about the timing, before or after moving? and the employer info?

Do it after moving. also inform local post office about new address to do mail forwarding.

Regarding employer info. I would suggest to keep old employer name. In case Immigration officer noticed it this may trigger RFE (no sure about this).

Are you going to change attorney or not?

thank you, guys,

The reasons why I' am concerned about timing are,
1. if I file AR11 now and put old employer on it, i won't be cheating, because we have 2 weeks advance notice although i was asked to leave work. But, it could still trigger touch of my case earlier.
2. if I file AR11 later, then I'll definitely not be with the firm anymore.

The most afraid thing at this moment is to get an RFE. I have known about the firm's financial trouble but was hoping I can sustain till getting the approval. So here comes the bad luck again, which was with me since the first time filing I485 in Aug'01 with wrong office by the lawyer. In case an RFE issured, I'll definitly not seek help from this lawyer!

God bless everyone on this forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you are not going to take help from current lawyer, I strongly recommend to find a new attorney file G-28 form. So that you won't miss any correspondance from VSC.