Desperate Help Needed

sniyer

Registered Users (C)
To go with 485 or not:

Here goes the details:

1. Working with company X
2. Labor approved job title A with company X
3. Company X goes bankrupt when I 140 is pending but ready to support future employment. Laid off employees. but ready to hire in future if funding comes through. not cancelling h1, continuing 140,
5. I join company Z through H1 transfer.
4. I140 approved company X

5. Can i go ahead with 485 with a future employment letter from company x while working with company z

Using AC21, can i show employment with Z (similar job title and description) when i go for the interview. can i use the 180 day rule if the application was pending for more than 180 days.

What do u see are the chances for approval for this kind of a case?

Thanx

No Title

Here is my take (based on discussions on this board)...

1. GC can be for a future job.
2. Yes, you can go ahead and file for 485, it is better to do it asap.
3. Even though you are laid off right now, if your company is willing to hire you in future (temporary layoff), and if (only if) INS sends a RFE before 180 days, your company (X) is ready to give you a letter stating that your GC job is still available, then you are fine.
4. If 180 days pass after filing I-485, and your case is not adjucated by then, then you can depend on new company (Z) to support you for GC processing further (i.e. to provide employment letter etc. provided your new job title, duties match with old job).

Good luck
PCee

Thanx a lot guys

I really appreciate your help is posting your opinion.

What if company X siezes to exist six months from now? does it add risk to geting the GC ?

Thanx