Desparately need u r Help

Kab_Ayega_Azadi

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends,

Please suggest a good attorney in NY area to sue my Employer for various reasons. Iam taking this extreme step as don't have any other options else i would go bankrupt. What would be the effect on my GC as my RD is on 2-Oct-2001. Any kind of input is appriciated.

Regards
KMA

Sue

As you have realized this is an extreme case, but before you do that see whether you are putting your GC in danger.

Are you using AC21 portability and do you have a new job?

If yes, GC is not in a trouble, but if not, you are TOTALLY dependant on your employer, and unless you are ready to leave US when the 485 is denied, go ahead!

You need to calm down, think your options, and then act. Don't act so that you regret your hasty decision.

Yes i have new job

Thanks immi007, Yes i have new job and i can use AC21.
The tough thing for me to decide is to sue the company before or after approval. Can some body suggest a good attorney please.

Thanks
KMA

ppl about to go broke can't afford an attorney.

Try complaining to the labour department, even a threat sometime brings forth favourable action from employers.
Post few more details for any more suggestions.

time

Without knowing the exact situation it is hard t osay, but it seems that since the apporval is so near, it is a safe bet to get one (major) thing over with, and start another legal battle later!

Are u looking for a immigration lawyer who can sue? W/O knowing what kind of problems u are suiing for it is difficult to suggest a lawyer.

Calm down

Think coolly. I would suggest you to wait till your GC is done. I probably would have gone your way but when I look from outside (without being involved in the scenario), I think it is good to wait since you are so near.

Sueing the Company for What???
as you said you are bankcurupt.. where the hell you gonna pull money to sue those suckers. attorney who do % thing will check your Credit also. those suckers are also smart.

To my best knowledge please read the papers you have sign before joining the company.

employers are too smart for all these shit.. you gonna loose your way.. why bother.. there will be no benift from this. In case you win still you will have problem..

Be careful, hit your head on wall if you can't cool down normally.

Good Luck
Peace.

don't you think getting a copy of labor and i-140 is safe

don't you think getting a copy of labor certification and i-140 is safer just in case even your immigration lawyer starts supporting your old employer and tries to take you for a ride.

As well as is this the only option you have or may be a few days later you will cool off a bit. In fact i was outraged with the way my immigration attorney was. it was literally like begging him to send the 485 docs, prior to that he gave me a wrong tracking number for my i-140 that too after my case was approved. then i had the chance to speak with a new legal assistant who joined the company and he said that my i-140 was approved and then i started the fight about filing for 485 and it was 4 months and i filed in aug end. in fact by then our company had done two rounds of layoffs and was just one week before my whole project got outsourced to accenture. I too was enraged felt like stabbing him but now it's payback time. he want's me to pay the balance money and i'm like suck my ...... what i'm trying to say is just give it a few days and then decide if you really want to sue your employer or not. Worse come worse you can forgive him as he was your employer if he had paid your your salary properly and in time all these days. HR,bonus,hikes etc while working with a bodyshopper is really not a laid down rule. they always have a story to tell and deny us. This is my personal opinion, no offence meant to any one.

regards,