DesiInDistress, Any Luck?

NewUser1

Registered Users (C)
Any luck on your approval?
I had been monitoring yours and SOI\'s . SOI got his approval. I wish the same with yours too.
All the best.

Nope.. same old situation..

Nothing has changed.. My case was finally assigned on June 11! But there has been no change/decision as of yesterday- June 25. Thanks for your wishes! I hear that once the case is assigned, it takes another a few months before I\'d hear about the decision..

PD: 9/1998; WAC-01-256-xxxxx; EB3, India
RD: 6/8/01
ND: 8/13/01
FP: 12/13/01
AVM: 1/9/02 "..processing resumed.."
Status: Case assigned June 11; No other status as of June 25.

Nope..

I\'ve called IIO\'s maybe once every other month or so- I don\'t consider that frequent. Actually I get extremely annoyed by the thought of having to dial almost an hour to just get through.. and then wait another 15 to 30 minutes on hold, just to be told that my case is pending! Thats all I hear as a response so I figured calling IIO\'s is a waste of time, so I just check AVM\'s every week a couple of times at night. The only reason I keep up every now and then with IIO\'s is to find out if there\'s a RFE issued or something.

Case is transfered to local INS for an Interview..

Last night the AVM changed to a message saying that my case is transfered to local INS (San Jose) for an interview. Talked with my lawyer and he says thats another 6 months wait!!!!!!???????? Is it true that San Jose INS takes 6 months or so to schedule a date for an appointment? Does anyone know how long before I get a notice from the INS giving me interview date?
Thanks in advance for any info!

No Title

DesiInDistress,
Sorry to hear that. Yes, it is taking a bit longer now a days app. 6 months is a best guess. But compared to SFO it is far better though!

See following thread...
ypt "SFO/San JoseInterview tracker" 4/9/02 2:26pm

-PCee