Registered Users (C)
GC date - 19 Jan 2005
N400 application date - 20 Oct 2009
N400 priority date - 28 Oct 2009
FP date - 23 Nov 2009
Interview date - 5 Jan 2010
Oath - ??

All,
I tried to find some time line info for Des Moines, IA, but was unable.
Anyone else in the Des Moines boat?
Snay

I had my interveiw on 2/4 in Des Moines, IA.. they told us they are planning oath in March.. not yet confirmed. waiting for the oath letters.

Update..
Since my interview was before my 5 yr date, the USCIS had put it on hold and forgot to "unhold" it. I took an appointment and got it back on track. One week later I got the OL. OD - Mar12.
So for people who go sooner it may actually delay the total process time. Since USCIS is running faster than the 3 months, I would sugges, waiting for the 4yr 10 mo, rather than 4yr 9mo.

I had my intervewi in first week of january...six weeks no decision yet...do i have to go des moines office and ask them about my file...or send a letter to interview officer? I asked for Cedar rapids oath ceremony...is this going to delay..what is the oath date in cedar?

I have asked for Cedar Rapids oath ceremony, it seems like there is none in cedar rapids. I am not sure if this is the delay, i called customer service yesterday but they told me to wait for 60 days before they send an inquiry..they called des moines office and told me that they r saying they r working on Aug 2009 cases, i told her no it is naturalization not 485 case --- she called them again and told me to wait for 60 days before they send an inquiry--- what do u recommend, do i need to go to des moines office and talk to them with infopass appt,,,can I talk to immigration officer if i take infopass appt?

OD - 3/26/10 in Cedar Rapids - Going out of country on 03/28/10, requesting the Oath for a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the 800 number only will tell you whats online. I took the infopass appointment (althought it was not past 60 days) to enquire about my case and it helped. Maybe smaller towns have fewer naturalization ceremonies, so Des Moines may be a better option. But according to BaSh above, there is one on 3/26/10 in Cedar Rapids.
The scheduled dates in Des Moines are 3/12, 4/16, 4/30 and 5/14 as of now.

I sent a letter to my interview officer today, and is planning to take infopass appt for next week, can we talk to IO when we go for infopass appt? I saw a guy sitting over there outside uscis main lobby answering to someone inquiring about green card info... i hope they dont tell the info that is already online in the infopass appt