Derivative citizenship passport application abroad US embassy

juanito07072

Hello,

I am currently applying for a passport at the US embassy in Madrid. I applied once back in 2008 and was denied due to insufficient evidence. In 2015 I reapplied, this time around with all the evidence needed in other to satisfy derivative citizenship. Passport application was never denied or approved. About 2 weeks a ago I get a call from the US embassy stating that things have changed over the years and they are looking to my specific case in order to grant the passport application.

I have satisfied all points of Section 321 of the former Immigration and Nationality Act (the Act), 8 U.S.C. 5 1432

I too was under a joint legal custody decree. citing Passport Bulletin 96-18

The embassy just wants me to prove that I was living with my naturalized mother at the time. I have school records that prove this, as well as a Social Security Statement showing that following the divorce I was working and the listed address was the primary residence of the naturalized parent. Add to this, a sworn affidavit from a friend who declares that I was living with my mother after the divorce.

The embassy now has all the necessary documents. Im crossing my fingers!!!!

Can I contact you via phone to discuss the process you went through? You can reach me at + 3 4 6 3 3 0 9 4 0 9 3 what's app.

Thank for any help you can provide me!

Absolutely, I copy and pasted and a wrong gesture, posted what was going to be edited in the first place. Thanks for the heads up though.

Hello to all. Today I received a call from the US Embassy in Madrid. My derivative citizenship claim was accepted!!! I’m going in tomorrow to hand them updated passport pictures. If anybody needs info on the timeline of my case, please message me. Always willing to help!

I went to the Madrid Embassy this morning and handed them new pics. The passport will be delivered to my address in aproximately 2 weeks. Ill keep you posted once it arrives.

Just got this mail from the Passport processing website.

Thank you for submitting your application for a U.S. passport book! It is currently being processed.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXX.

Passport processing times vary based on the workload volume of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied. Your passport should be processed within the timeframe identified by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied.

Keep you guys posted.

Another update. Things are moving fast!

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been printed.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

Your passport has been printed and mailed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied. 1-2 Day Delivery service varies by geographic region, and may take up to 7 business days to reach the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied.

You will receive your passport in accordance with the arrangements made when you applied for your passport.

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

Your passport application locator number is XXXXXXXXX.

Your passport has been printed and mailed to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied. 1-2 Day Delivery service varies by geographic region, and may take up to 7 business days to reach the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you applied.

You will receive your passport in accordance with the arrangements made when you applied for your passport.

Hello to all. I received my US passport in the mail yesterday. Case closed!!! If any body is under the same situation please let me know and I will share the details of my case.

Hello to all,

I just wanted to give you guys more information about my case. Please view the the attached file, it the explains The US Department of State´s decision.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Here is posting on a pdf format. I will try to compress the DOS summary and attach it in a bit.

Attachments

• blogspot_com.pdf
    184.9 KB · Views: 30