derivation case got RFE, primary approved months ago

brighterday

Registered Users (C)
derivation case got RFE, what could that be?

The primary case is approved months ago.

RD 12/2001

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than medical and/or Marriage thing, I saw another one they would ask for from some threads. You need to prove you will not be a public charge ( burden). As if the primary's salary would not cover spouse. I assume spouse's employment would be enough to prove that.

Other than those, would there anything else they wanted to know?

Hope Dengdeng's theory works

RFE has been received by USCIS, evidence for financial support, birth certificate, marriage certificate.

Now how long will I wait? several weeks?

brighterday, didn't you submit them in the beginning?

Hi brighterday,

1) Did you submit your birth certificate, marriage certificate and financial support in the beginning?

2) Did you file your 485 and your spouse's 485 together at the same time?

I believe your spouse will get an approval very soon (1 day to 5 months-- I have seen chat forums where cases are similar to your case) or in no time after you submit documents relating to RFE.

My spouse is waiting for my spouse's 485 approval. I am a primary applicant and got my 485 approval long time ago. I filed my spouse's 485 one year after I filed my 485. (I got married and added my spouse to my 485 just few months before I got my 485 approval).

RD - Dec 2002
FP - March 2003
1st EAD approval - somewhere in Jan 2003
2nd EAD approval - Jan/Feb 2004
AD - waiting

Thanks,
USGC485

Last edited by a moderator:
we didn't submit those documents at beginning. We should have done it.

We filed I-485 at same time. I didn't understand why they didn't process them at same time, maybe we have different last name?