depressed with Nebraska.

RS_IL

Well one needs a forum to rant about something. It has been nearly 4 years since my GC process started and 485 has been pending for over 2 years. No help or update from NSC and it has been painful

My father had brain surgery back in India a 2 weeks ago and I was wanting to take time off to go be with them.

But alas, gods sense of humour seems to be turning sick as well.

Employer has not done H1 renewal so stuck with pending EAD renewals (3 so far) and AP renewals (4 so far). Do not have enough saved other wise to take months off without pay... Contributed max to 401k thinking all will be well but now if donot get GC it appears that all that too will be lost for the next 30 years!

Wondering was it worth while to begin with. Perhaps might have become a prof at some IIT and enjoy life. But it is now too late...

Ranting and raving and NSC is not moving....

Getting a PhD does mean higher and deeper I guess.

I feel your pain, and I wish I could shower colors into your life. I share the same pain, that they want proof that my wife and I are living together. For a fact, marriage means more sacred to us than these people know about or would understand in centuries to come. Anyway, I sent them documentation last Friday to prove the same. Keeping my fingers crossed.

But, more often than not, it is something relating to the application(your info) which will usually hold the approval. Go back and unearth every stone and check deep into your file. May be you will get a clue as what you did wrong or what you missed.

Do you have any idea as to why it is taking so long? Are you married? If yes, have kids? What category did you apply (EB-1) etc...

I am maxing my 401k too and dont know if it is all worth...

But as life should put it, always see the bright side in the toughest times of our life...and everything happens for a reason...

Be bold my friend, God always honors the bold...or atleast I hope...