deporting my ex

bee2011

My husband and I have been married for close to 5 years now, but we only lived together for one. We moved out of our apartment the day of our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had been together since high school and since the beginning his family had always been saying that I could 'sign his papers for him.' When we were about 18 years old we had our first child, and moved in together, getting married shortly thereafter.

About 4 months into our marriage he told me it was over, that he never intended to marry me, and thus the relationship deteriorated. I had applied for his visa but upon our separation I ceased to participate in the process and in fact terminated it. The only reason we have yet to divorce is the lack of funds to finance it. Other than that we have not lived together since.

In the time that we separated, he has not supported our children, we in fact lived in a homeless shelter for two years. He has told me numerous times that the marriage was nothing more than the piece of paper to him and that he never loved me. He has on occasion threatened to take the boys from me which had caused me to keep the children from him which I have on record with the shelter I stayed in and could back that up.

To this day he still causes me grief, one day threatening to use a supposed police report of domestic violence from four years ago to get his papers and cause me strife, or offered me 5000 dollars to continue the process through our marriage again. I know for sure that he work illegally with fake numbers as well as proper ones that he has bought from other people.

Is there anyway, hypothetically, that I could have him deported or bring some action against him that keeps him from doing anymore stress and harm to mine and my boys' lives?

Report him and his threats to ICE. You can look up ICE number for your area and talk to a ICE investigation officer personally.
More than likely they will be interested more in the fake SS number usage by him and other unlawful activities instead of his verbal threats as it could be taken as he said she said situation. I have known people who call ICE repeatedly until they do something about it to get rid of the person in question if that person is not a threat to the society, if he has a past criminal history they will make it a priority.

More than likely, they'll thank you for calling and won't do anything about it. But if he keeps threatening you and he gets arrested, most police department are required to report that to ICE.

Go to family court or your local equivalent (you don't mention the state) and petition for a restraining order against your restrained husband. Based on the harassment/stalking behavior you describe you should be entitled to a "no contact" order if you are credible and can prove it. If he violates it, it should be an automatic arrest, which would subject him to prosecution and jail time.

A domestic violence conviction--or even arrest--combined with being out of status would probably be enough to get ICE involved to remove him; maybe even a restraining order would do it, I don't know. In any event what you need is a restraining order; whether it keeps him away, in jail, or deported, problem solved.