Deported b'cos of lack of proper immigration documents

rdneni

Hello All,

I was denied admission into US because of the lack of proper immigration documents at the port of entry.

I am a H1- B Classified software programmer. I got a valid H1 visa from Dec'2002 untill Sep'2005. I came to US on that visa and worked for that particular employer for 4 months ie.., untill Apr 2003 . After that i changed my employer and applied for a new H! and started working for that new employer(presently working too..). Meanwhile I had to go my home country while the H1 application from new employer is still pending.

While re-entering US, immigration officials asked me whether i was still working for the old employer (for which i had the H1 authorisation and on which i have the visa). I said no and i also told me that i applied for a new H1 and still waiting for the approval from INS(which is pending in INS from the past 8 months).

Immigration official said that I was not supposed to work for the present employer untill and unless i was approved H1 for the new company. I told her there was a change in immigration law in Sep2000 which states that i can work once i get the notice of Reciept for H1.

However I was denied entry to US on the grounds of illegal employment. Now my H1 papers are approved by INS. What are my chances of getting them stamped now in my home country?

I would really appreciate any feedbacks on this..

Thanks