• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Deportation from UK-Nepal

Garyloves

Registered Users (C)
I am winner of DV2008 and my case number is AS69** and I guess my case would be current in Feb2008. I am married and had one kid. I have a little bit tention regarding my case. Actually I was deported from UK in July, 2005 after a failed asylum seeker. I stayed there more than 18 months. Does this really affect my DV Visa ? I mean can interviewing office reject my visa due to this reason. I've already obtained the police certificate from UK and it says "You do not exist in police database". Could somebody please advise?:confused:

Everything is OK..You are cleared on the police certificate, not convicted any crime in UK, just filed for asylum seeker before and they did not accept it. If the consular officer during your interview will ask about your stay in UK, you will answer you tried to immigrate to UK..This is not a crime and it does not effect your DV case..Because your case is not a ordinary immigration case, you are already a DV lottery winner..

Last edited by a moderator:
I am winner of DV2008 and my case number is AS69** and I guess my case would be current in Feb2008. I am married and had one kid. I have a little bit tention regarding my case. Actually I was deported from UK in July, 2005 after a failed asylum seeker. I stayed there more than 18 months. Does this really affect my DV Visa ? I mean can interviewing office reject my visa due to this reason. I've already obtained the police certificate from UK and it says "You do not exist in police database". Could somebody please advise?:confused:

Even if you were Illegal in the UK, that has nothing to do with US Immigrations. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. U applied for asylum but it was denied.there isn't anything ciminal about it. goodluck buddy:D

Thanks "Johnkent" and "Dragoman" for your positive answers. It is indeed relieves for me. However the British Immigration stamped "151 Served" in my PP which means deported from UK and I destroyed my deportation papers (letter issued by UK Govt.) once it was over. Do I need to submit deportation paper to the interviewing officer?:eek:

No!!!

Thanks "Johnkent" and "Dragoman" for your positive answers. It is indeed relieves for me. However the British Immigration stamped "151 Served" in my PP which means deported from UK and I destroyed my deportation papers (letter issued by UK Govt.) once it was over. Do I need to submit deportation paper to the interviewing officer?:eek:
No!!! Why would you do that? You are not immigrating to UK. USA is a different country, different rules. None of the documents requested ever asked for deportation papers from a different country [if it is not deportation from the US].