Dependent question for N-400 Citizenship

adi999

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

I have couple of question becoming US Citisenship..

I got my Green card some time back during the July 2005 .. I think i am eligible for the Citizenship ...

my questions are
1. I am planning to apply Citizenship for myself but not for my wife .. So planning to keep my wife on Green Card .. Are there any issue doing this way ?

2. Got 2 kids .. One Kid is on Green Card .. Planing to get Citizen ship for him .. Question on this is . Do i have to apply any form along with my Citizenship(N-400) for my Kid ? Or my kid will become automatically Citizen of US ? even though my wife is Citizen of India..
If i need to apply any form what form ?

3. I am located in PA.. Is it i have send my application to Nebraska centre or any other address Please advise me on this ..

Thanks
adi999

From what I know if you became a U.S citizen while your kids are under the age of 18 they are automatically U.S citizen. So, they will have to file the N-600 to get proof of citizenship.

1. I am planning to apply Citizenship for myself but not for my wife .. So planning to keep my wife on Green Card .. Are there any issue doing this way ?
==> NO Issues

2. Got 2 kids .. One Kid is on Green Card .. Planing to get Citizen ship for him .. Question on this is . Do i have to apply any form along with my Citizenship(N-400) for my Kid ? Or my kid will become automatically Citizen of US ? even though my wife is Citizen of India..
==> Your kid should be under 18 at the time of your oath, should have entered legally, must have a green card and residing with you. Assuming all these are met, you just need to mention his/her name on your N400 form. After you naturalize, you can go get a US passport for him/her, or you can file N600 to get a certificate of citizenship as a non-expiring proof of citizenship.
Only one parent naturalizing is enough for citizenship to pass on.

Thanks so much for your help..

Can N600 for my child can be filed along with my N400 ? Or do i have to wait for the my N400 to be approved ?

Thanks

==> NO Issues

==> Your kid should be under 18 at the time of your oath, should have entered legally, must have a green card and residing with you. Assuming all these are met, you just need to mention his/her name on your N400 form. After you naturalize, you can go get a US passport for him/her, or you can file N600 to get a certificate of citizenship as a non-expiring proof of citizenship.
Only one parent naturalizing is enough for citizenship to pass on.

Thanks for reply ..

What are the documents i need to send along with my N-400 Application ?

Thanks

Thanks for reply ..

What are the documents i need to send along with my N-400 Application ?

Thanks

Copy of greencard, photos, and a check for the fee. IF you have any particulat "issues" send copies of the relevant evidence.

Arrests? Send court documents.

Much travel? Send copies of relevant passport pages to support the trips listed on the form?

etc...