Dependent EAD Expiring in 2 days and I have an RFE - Help!!!!!

Badboy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys:
I am the principal applicant. My AD renewal was approved and I got the card. But my received an RE. They want new pictures because they say the pictures we sent were "damaged." (I think the officer spilled coffee on them). Anyway, she will not get EAD beforeAD2/00. Can she continue to work as she had already applied for renewal?

Anybody had this experience?

Please help

No Title

I had my EAD renew beginning of the year, my lawyer told me that as long as you have the receipt from INS then you will be okay. I think it is fine.

No Title

I guess, some one was telling me, as I am in the same situation, that I9, which you fill out at the time of joing, acutally says that proof of receipt is good enough to work.

I am not sure about it. You may want to doule check that. One other solution, if it is past 90 days you can actually go to a local office and can obtain a interim card. I hope this helps.

No Title

Photos are needed for card and nothing to do with approval, I guess.

Send photos by next day mail, probably you will be approved within day if not already
 and talk to IIO, if it is already approved one can continue in job

No Title

My wife\'s EAD expires on Aug 4th. Her renewal has been approved on June 21st, but
did not receive the card yet.
As per the Form I-9 instructions:
"Employers must complete Section 2 by examining evidence of identity and employment elegibility
within three days of the date employment begins. If employees are authorized to work, but are
unable to present the required documents within three business days, they must present a receipt for the application of the documents within three days, and the acutal documents within ninety days."
In my wife\'s case, since the EAD renewal is approved, it means she is authorized to work.
Since the proving document is not there, the receipt notice should be enough and the actual
card should be produced within 90 days.
Hope this helps.
Shyam

No Title

Badboy,
      We\'re in a similar situation except that my wife got the ead renewal, and I haven\'t. When I called the service center yesterday, the message said that they requested for additional information on 08/02. Do you get the same message for your wife? Also, did you talk to IIO for the kind of info they need, or your lawyer received a RFE notice? My EAD expires on 08/18, could you please help out by posting details of all the events that could be of help, please. Thanks.