Dependent case approved but I am still hanging in..

jaysys

Registered Users (C)
Dependent application is approved on 05/13 , Same time my LUD changed but no status change. Dependent received approval letter by mail on 05/18. I was almost sure that dependent case can't be approved without primary being approved. But now thinking may be mine is exceptional case :-( or may be USCIS is saying "Everything that can go wrong , will go wrong in your case.."
Has anyone is similar situation?
My RD is 05/15 and my name was stuck in FBI name check..
-jaysys

I am in same boat too. My wife's and son's case approved on 5/10 and my LUD changed on 5/10 but still waiting for approval.

Thanks,

hey guys this happened to me. My wife (dependant) got approved on 5/10 and I was not. So I called NSC and they told me I was approved on 3/14 and they just forgot to send me a notice. I got the notice yesterday. Point being that you guys are probably already approved since they can't approve dependant before primary. So call and find out.

dvngpt
Any update?
I called USCIS he took regular referal, but didn't give any information on what's happening with my approval.
-jaysys

Hi Jaysys,

I called USCIS too and they informed me that they are treating all cases individually and it is possible that dependents case approved while primary is pending.

It may take 5-12 months to get my case approved as they are working on January 2003 cases right now and mine receipt date is June.

I don't know, what is going on there! I will update you as soon as I heard any thing from USCIS.

Thanks,
dvngpt

Jaysys,
Same thing happened to me a couple of months back. Eventually i called INS and found out that my case was appd the same day my spouses and for some reason they failed to generate the approval notice. Eventually they had to order my approval notice after icalled them and i got it after 1 month of my spuses approval notice. Although the number to call is the same as the Customer service #, it is VIP to talk to the Agent directly and not to the Customer service folks as they have limited info on the case. I gave these instructions to one of the GC aspiree and he found it very helpful .U can try this too:
I guess this is the sequence:
A. Call 1800375-5283
B. Select 1
C.Select 2
D.Select 6
E.Enter your Receipt #
F. Enter 1
G.Enter 1
H Now you will get info about your case
I Enter 3
J.Enter 4 --This will let you speak to the INS Agent.

Its very important that you talk to them, mine was approved and they forgot to mail my approval notice. Only calling them will trigger the re sending of approval notice I guess

Good luck

Stlrams,

Thanks for the instructions to speak to Agent. It worked fantastically. I spoke to agent and he informed me that my case was approved same day when the case of dependents was approved.

He is very nice and told me that he will mail approval notice to me.

Thanks for your help.

dvngpt

My wife and kids got their approval notices almost a month back and I did not. Following the steps provided above I called NSC. They informed me that my case has also been approved but there is/was a lapse in sending the notification. This problem has been rectified now and I may/will receive the approval notice anytime. Thanks everyone. My special thanks to my 'friend' who peristently asked me to use this forum and call NSC. Without his advice/help I would not have called NSC and would have been one of many others who are sailing in the same boat.

If your case is similar to mine , PLEASE call NSC immediately. You are not going to lose anything by calling but the reward is really great.

Hi Guys,
I did called USCIS on 05/23 and he said he is unable to verify my status, but he raised referral. Today I got the email that case has been approved and papers are mailed on 05/26..
So I guess the case was approved with dependent but papers were not mailed
stlrams thanks for the information..
What a releif after 3 years of filing 485 and 41/2 years of overall process it is approved.
-thanks
jaysys

primary got approved in 2 weeks after ref, but dependent has been waiting for 2 months after ref. Can I call agent as you did?

Thanks for help

dvngpt said:
Hi Jaysys,

I called USCIS too and they informed me that they are treating all cases individually and it is possible that dependents case approved while primary is pending.

It may take 5-12 months to get my case approved as they are working on January 2003 cases right now and mine receipt date is June.

I don't know, what is going on there! I will update you as soon as I heard any thing from USCIS.

Thanks,
dvngpt

primary got approved in 2 weeks after ref, but dependent has been waiting for 2 months after ref. Can I call agent as you did?

Thanks for help

stlrams said:
Jaysys,
Same thing happened to me a couple of months back. Eventually i called INS and found out that my case was appd the same day my spouses and for some reason they failed to generate the approval notice. Eventually they had to order my approval notice after icalled them and i got it after 1 month of my spuses approval notice. Although the number to call is the same as the Customer service #, it is VIP to talk to the Agent directly and not to the Customer service folks as they have limited info on the case. I gave these instructions to one of the GC aspiree and he found it very helpful .U can try this too:
A. Call 1800375-5283
B. Select 1
C.Select 2
D.Select 6
E.Enter your Receipt #
F. Enter 1
G.Enter 1
I Enter 3

Its very important that you talk to them, mine was approved and they forgot to mail my approval notice. Only calling them will trigger the re sending of approval notice I guess

Good luck

I call INS under your instruction. the representative (lady) told me that they received my evidence (ref on April 8) and my case is under review. I asked her what review means. she repeatly said they received my evidence. that it.
could you tell me what should I do next?

Thanks

stlrams said:
Jaysys,
A. Call 1800375-5283
B. Select 1
C.Select 2
D.Select 6
E.Enter your Receipt #
F. Enter 1
G.Enter 1
I Enter 3

Good luck

swallow
In my & others case Depedent case was approved before Primary was approved. Approval of Dependent can happen with or after primary approval but Primary must be approved before dependent. In other word approval of primary doesn't mean dependent is also approved. So in case USCIS can take time before approving Dependent case.
-jaysys

swallow said:
I call INS under your instruction. the representative (lady) told me that they received my evidence (ref on April 8) and my case is under review. I asked her what review means. she repeatly said they received my evidence. that it.
could you tell me what should I do next?

Thanks