Dependent Approved, Primary still waiting

stlrams

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My wife got her I485 approval email on March 2nd and she got the approval notice today.
I was in an impression that mine got approved too but the system did not get updated. But i did not get the approval notice along with my wifes.
Does any one have an idea whats going on? My attorney told me that that USCIS wont approve Dependents until Primary is approved.

Receipt Date June 25th 2003 EB2
Finger Print 1st---May 2004
RFE for both wife and me Feb 5th --They asked Marriage Certificate for both of us and proff that we are living together...
RFE repled Feb 17th
Wifes got approved MArch 2nd
Primary ????

Last edited by a moderator:
in case you have not done so already- Call the customer service number and follow the selections for a family case which you think has been separated. This will let you speak to an immigration officer at your service center- then he can give you more info on your case. I found out this way that I had been approved although they did not update my online status, or send me an approval notice. I called after my husband was approved and stamped in his passport- I wish i would have called earlier then I could have stamped too and would be done now.

good luck :)

Jacquelina,
Are you the primary applicant or your husband?

Last edited by a moderator:
HI jacquelina,
Thanks for your advice. I called the 1800 # and told them about my case. They asked for my LIN # and confirmed that my case was also approved on the same day as my wifes but for some reason they did not generate the approval notice(may be i got missed).
The officer told me that she would follow up on this and i should recieve my approval notice in 6 days. If i dont recieve it in 10 days she said that to call back again.

I am cautiosly relieved. Guess its not yet time to celebreate until i recieve the approval notice.
Thanks for your help