Dependent Approved, Primary pending!!

Aduks

Registered Users (C)
I cannot believe this, I am the primary, I submitted my 485 application in 01/2003 with 7/2002 priority date employment base, and I filed for my husband on 01/2004. I received RFE on my case somewhere in 01/2005 and replied, which NSC received on 3/21/05 and they updated my online status with this information.

Surprisingly, they approved my husband’s case on 3/23/05, two days after they received my response to the RFE they issued on my case!!!. My husband already received two approval notices, one on 3/28/05 and the second one came 3/30/05. And my case status (PRIMARY) online up till today still saying “ we received your response to the RFE, it is taking 570 to 600 days to process this type of case…blah… blah… blah.””

I am worried, do you think dependent can be approved and they denied the primary? My mind had been racing with so many types of unpleasant thoughts about this. I don’t know how they can approve dependent, and Primary is still pending….

Please gurus, shed some light.
Thanks.
Anxious..

I don't think there is anything to worry. They can not approve the dependent and deny the primary. If the primary is denied, there is no basis for the dependent's application.

Better yet, your case may have been approved too. It happened to some of the folks. Try calling TSC using the 1-800 number and select the option which says "If you think your case is separated from ...."

Thanks dinnu

dinnu said:
I don't think there is anything to worry. They can not approve the dependent and deny the primary. If the primary is denied, there is no basis for the dependent's application.

Better yet, your case may have been approved too. It happened to some of the folks. Try calling TSC using the 1-800 number and select the option which says "If you think your case is separated from ...."

Thank you dinnu, I appreciate your contribution. I will do as you say. Thanks a lot.

Hello Aduks,
I agree with Dinnu. you will get yours soon.. I know its easy to tell but try not to spoil your sleep on this, you will see your approval soon.
And can u share your case details when you get a chance, like what category u are? r u from retrogressed countries? info like that.

Good luck.

Thanks guy for the encouragement...

I am an employment based. I never understand what people meant when they say EB2 or EB3.I just know I filed through employer. I am just praying and believing that mine will also come soon. Thank you all for your input and encouragement.

PD 6/2002
I485(primary) ND 01/2003
Dependent I485 filed and ND 01/2004

Dependent AD- 3/23/05- received 2 approval letter in the mail already.

Primary AD...?????s somewhere in the future

The way to contact TSC officer didn't work

Yeah... I saw that post on how to be connected to TSC officer while you are dialing 800 customer service number. I tried today but it did NOT work! It transferred me to a most unpleasant customer rep who didn't want to help at all and refused to transfer me to any officer! I tried again but got another customer rep who was very nice and transferred me to an officer who is not TSC officer. I was told only way to get hold of TSC officer is to write them!

I thought I shared my experience with you.

Thanks all for your contribution

I appreciate all for contributing.

Thanks a lot. If anyone has more to share pls do.

Thanks...

Adukes

Hi,

That's exactly what happened to me. I was the primary applicant but the dependent or my husband got approval notice before me. I got mine and my child's notice two weeks later. What happened has something to do with name clearance, whoever got his/her name cleared got the approval earlier. It just does not matter any more who is the primary applicant.

So do not worry, your approval will be here shortly.

Xinpossible

Thank you Xinpossible

Xinpossible,
I am encouraged with your testimony. Let me hope my own also will come soon like yours. Thank you so much.

Aduks...

Primary Finally found out was APPROVED together with Dependent!!

Hello All,
Thank you to all who contributed on my thread of “Dependent approved, primary pending” My dependent was approved March 23.

After a few days wait, I asked my company lawyer to call USCIS to inquire about my case. On April 6th 2005, the lawyer contacted USCIS on my behalf to inquire about my case. To my surprise, the lawyer was told by the Agent that my case has also been approved since March 23, and that they did not know why the approval letter did not go out.

Anyway on April 8,2005, I was told another approval notice has been mailed out, which I am still expecting.

Advice from me to anyone in this type of situation, call USCIS to inquire about your case right away when you see your dependent being approved. On my case, I waited almost 3 weeks after my dependent approval, b4 I got to know that I have been approved also since March 23!! And during all these waits, no LUD changes, no email. Up till today, my online status is still saying “we received your response to RFE, it is taking 500-700days to process this type of case …..blah, blah……

I will not go without acknowledging all you wonderful people that shares your ideas and thoughts freely with me during this turbulent 3 weeks of anxiety concerning my approval. Your advice, ideas, and suggestions kept me sane when I almost went insane thinking of the worst. I say thank you to you all, and may all of you get your approval very soon.

Aduks..

Labour based PD 6/2002
485 - Filed 01/2003
Dependent 485 - 01/2004
1st FP primary - 6/2003
2nd FP primary - 12/2004
RFE - 01/2005
AD - for both 3/23 only dependent approval mailed out and was received. primary has no idea she was approved....
4/2005 - after 3wks anxious waiting, primary call USCIS and got to know she was also approved 3/23 no LUD changes, no update to online till this moment of writing.

4/2005 ---- END OF GC TORTUOUS JOURNEY !!