Dependent Approved, Primary pending!!

Aduks

Registered Users (C)
I cannot believe this, I am the primary, I submitted my 485 application in 01/2003 with 7/2002 priority date employment base, and I filed for my husband on 01/2004. I received RFE on my case somewhere in 01/2005 and replied, which NSC received on 3/21/05 and they updated my online status with this information.

Surprisingly, they approved my husband’s case on 3/23/05, two days after they received my response to the RFE they issued on my case!!!. My husband already received two approval notices, one on 3/28/05 and the second one came 3/30/05. And my case status (PRIMARY) online up till today still saying “ we received your response to the RFE, it is taking 570 to 600 days to process this type of case…blah… blah… blah.””

I am worried, do you think dependent can be approved and they denied the primary? My mind had been racing with so many types of unpleasant thoughts about this. I don’t know how they can approve dependent, and Primary is still pending….

Please gurus, shed some light.
Thanks.
Anxious..

I'm experiencing also a similar situation but with the FP notices.

My case is the primary with a ND of Sept 02 2003. My wife's case was filed on January 21, 2005 and guess what! She received this past March 11 her FP notice!.... My case was denied upon I-140 denial and reopened successfully on a bcis motion. Around that time I got my FP notice and my lawyer told me not to go. The case was reopened on October 2004 and I have not received another FP notice ever since.

From what I heard on this board, in most cases, the primary is also approved but USCIS fails to update the primary's online status, then the primary receives the approval letter days later. So you shouldn't worry too much...

nvmnd said:
From what I heard on this board, in most cases, the primary is also approved but USCIS fails to update the primary's online status, then the primary receives the approval letter days later. So you shouldn't worry too much...

Thank you, this gives me some peace of mind.

I am in same situation. I filed both I140 and I485 on April 2004 via concurrent
filing. I have received approval notice(I-797C) both I140 and I485 currently
by post mail with dependent members(I485) only dated on Fab 4th 2005.

Concurrent filed to NSC
Category : EB3
Priority Date : 01/22/2003
I140/485 RD : 04/02/2004
I140/485 ND : 04/06/2004
FP Done : 06/09/2004
AP AD : 07/02/2004
EAD AD : 06/05/2004
I140 AD : 02/04/2005
I485 AD for dependent members only : 02/04/2005 :D :D
I485 AD for primary : Pending.. :mad: :mad:
I485 primary LUD Change : 3/28/2005, 3/29/05 :confused: :confused:

The LUD has been changed 2 times recently but, message is exact same.

Had you Dependent gone for Stamping?

Jay juon,
Had your dependent gone for stamping yet. My husband is anxious to go and stamp his passport instead of waiting for mine.

If they did not finally approve mine, can I revoke his?

Aduks,

All dependent members got the passport stamp without primary apporval.
The USCIS officer asked us birthday only. That's all. My attoney said that
if primary applicant didn't get an approval, all dependents will be revoke
automatically. Tell your husband to go get the passport stamp immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest to call the INS folks **not the customer center*** Select the option whhich will allow to talk to the Agent itself. I guess it is to select the option which says **companion case misplaced or something like that**
Most likely the primary should be approved. MIne was the same case, i called them several times and they confirmed that my case (primary was apprd) same day my dependents got approved and for some reason they forgot to generate the approval notice.It took ,e 3 weeks to get my approval notice from them.
Finally i did my stamping today

Dependent Approved, Primary pending!

Congratulations on approval/Stamping Strams !
Can you please tell which option to select in order to talk to the agent, not customer center you send in your posting, do they have any different Tel-No (Would suggest to call the INS folks **not the customer center*** Select the option which will allow to talk to the Agent itself)
Can you give details please, Thanks.

KVSK

KVSK,
Thanks. Its the same customer service number, I guess this is the sequence:
call the 1800 number and then press this
A. Call 1800375-5283
B. Select 1
C.Select 2
D.Select 6
E.Enter your Receipt #
F. Enter 1
G.Enter 1
H Now you will get info about your case
I Enter 3
J.Enter 4 --This will let you speak to the INS Agent.

Its very important that you talk to them, mine was approved and they forgot to mail my approval notice. Only calling them will trigger the re sending of approval notice I guess

Good luck

Strams,
I will try next week. I will update with the latest info.

Thanks,

Strams,
I did call customer service, Spoke with NSC officer my case has been approved on the same day (March 17th) as my dependent approved date; officer gave me the same reason they forgot to generate the approval letter. Officer said they will be mailing approval letter, Thanks for sharing the Tel -number and detail steps

Thank you.
KVSK

Mahesh,

EB2 ,priority Date -Jan2002.

Good Luck !