Dependant/derivative QUESTION

Ellada Hadjisav said:
POJ,
Thanks very much for posting your info about calling TSC.

I wanted to ask you about my husband's pending case. He was assigned an A# at FP. Do you think he will have to wait till after October 1st to get some good news?What do you think?

THANKS!
Ellada

Honestly Till Mid Aug, noone is sure about their policy on depandant case and other cases that are also called "PIPELINE" cases.

Untill Sep Visa Bulliten is issued we would learn, still they haven't issued the Aug 05 visa bulliten, we all waiting if they clearly announced some news that benifits all of us.

So All I can say is keep followup with TSC direct call, on periodicaly base every two week and be hopeful :D

And About your Hubby, tell him Relax and don't worry and "Don't park his car in front of Trafic sign
board which says "FINE FOR PARKING"
:D :D :D

Good Luck

Pd

Da_BorderKid said:
Ellada

Can you provide your PD. Thanks :cool:

When my I-140 got approved, the PD liste on it was November 13, 2003. On the receipt notice of the I-485, it did not have the PD anymore.

Ellada

I am in the same boat

This is the frist time I am reading this forum.. My spouse 485 is not approved though mine got approved last week... Lokk for details below..

My spouse is working on H1B (for last 4 years) and as another member mentioned, that could be the reason they are doing all sort of detailed reviews on that case...

Looks like another long wait starts now.. Not sure what to do....

letsee,
It looks like you have been receiving LUDs on your wife till recently. On my husband's case, we stopped receiving LUDs after the FP were taken. I hope that we don't have to wait any longer...........I wish the same for you. Did you call TSC to find out why your wife's has not been approved?
Ellada

No. I am thinking of waiting for sometime to see whether any progress happens..
Also, don tknow what to do.

Ellada Hadjisav said:
letsee,
It looks like you have been receiving LUDs on your wife till recently. On my husband's case, we stopped receiving LUDs after the FP were taken. I hope that we don't have to wait any longer...........I wish the same for you. Did you call TSC to find out why your wife's has not been approved?
Ellada

Update from Paralegal

My Paralegal got a postal reply from TSC in response to the query she had made with TSC on Aug 19. It says "This case was sent to our Nationla records center my mistake we will order file and work. sorry for the...."

Somehow I dont feel this is actual scenario. Because my petition got approved on July 20 th and there was LUDs on mine and spouse 485s till July 13. So, I dont think they just sent it to somewhere (?) just before approving my petition.

If they are correct in what they claim, what is the impact ? How long would it take it get the app back at TSC.. Who knows :(

POJ, Saras , Ellada please advise...

Ellada Hadjisav said:
letsee,
Ellada

letsee,
This is weird. I don't know what to tell you. Saras has more experience with applications sent to the wrong places. If I were you, I would call TSC and tell them what you received and see what they say then.

Keep us posted.
Ellada

LUD and status change today

Got an email today from USCIS and there is a change in LUD and message. Now the message says

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

As mentioned before, our paralegal got a response on Sep 1 st for the enquiry she placed, saying the applicantion was mistakenly sent to National Records Center. Seems like they send something new on Sep 8 th..

Wondering whats in store for us :(

Ellada Hadjisav said:
letsee,
This is weird. I don't know what to tell you. Saras has more experience with applications sent to the wrong places. If I were you, I would call TSC and tell them what you received and see what they say then.

Keep us posted.
Ellada

National Records Department

letsee said:
Got an email today from USCIS and there is a change in LUD and message. Now the message says

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 8, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

As mentioned before, our paralegal got a response on Sep 1 st for the enquiry she placed, saying the applicantion was mistakenly sent to National Records Center. Seems like they send something new on Sep 8 th..

Wondering whats in store for us :(

letsee,

I have heard of one other person whose case was forwarded to the National Records Center. He had a tough time getting it back on track. It is good that TSC has accepted its mistake in a written letter. I would wait for a few weeks and then follow up with them again through the paralegal. What is of importance now is for you to be proactive about this case. Do not assume that TSC will fix the problem on its own. I have learnt this the hard way. In the worst case scenario you may have to get the help of a Congressman but lets hope it does not come to that. It is possible that they will request the case back and will process it in the coming months. Stay on top of it.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Saras

Thanks Saras for your prompt advise.
As advised, I am planning to wait another 4-5 weeks to see whether something happens. Its pretty wiered why the status changed today (sep 9) for the response they sent on Sep 1. Waiting to see whether they send something new today..

It seems like pachai_tamizhan also got the same message on same day for no enough reason. Looks like, TSC suddenly decided to have some fun by sending some emails :)

Saras, We all look forward to Monday, October 3, the day we all anticipate you get your much awaited email.

saras76 said:
letsee,

I have heard of one other person whose case was forwarded to the National Records Center. He had a tough time getting it back on track. It is good that TSC has accepted its mistake in a written letter. I would wait for a few weeks and then follow up with them again through the paralegal. What is of importance now is for you to be proactive about this case. Do not assume that TSC will fix the problem on its own. I have learnt this the hard way. In the worst case scenario you may have to get the help of a Congressman but lets hope it does not come to that. It is possible that they will request the case back and will process it in the coming months. Stay on top of it.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator: