Denver Transfer cases

hi everyone ...

my AOS was approved last month, and pp stamped on sep 8th. i won't bore you with the details since they are are available under a different thread (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97001) my wife's case was transferred to the local denver office. i assume this was due to the fact that we got married a month before filing LC/I-140 etc. based on earlier posts in these forums, the typical wait time for denver office appeared to be about a month. that seems to be a pretty good estimate, since we just came back from the interview, with the much awaited stamp on her passport :) i'll post our experience and hopefully it'll he helpful

we received the appointment letter on oct 1st, and the appointment was scheduled for a week later, oct 8th. the letter indicated that my wife had to provide another set of fingerprints for FBI checks, even though we had provided our second set in early august. regardless, we went to the application support center at colfax/sable on saturday (oct 4) and she provided her third set. the letter had a list of items to bring with her, but the only item checked was "letter of employment". this was particularly interesting since my wife was the beneficiary of my gc petition. it provided no indication whether we both needed to be present for the interview, or if we were required to take any items to prove that we were indeed married. instead of taking a risk, i decided to take the following items with me:

• wife's (valid) passport
    my passport (w/gc approval stamp)
    employment letters for myself and wife
    lease for apartment, which is under both our names
    joint tax returns for last two years
    papers from joint bank account
    immigration style photographs
    wife's EAD card (did not have any advanced parole document)
when going for interview, be careful to check the address on the appointment letter. i had my passport stamped at the local office on paris street, same complex as wells fargo bank and seven-eleven. however, the interview today was on 47th street, which is the building across the street. we arrived about 30 minutes before the scheduled time, gave our appointment letter to the guard who took it inside. we were seated in a waiting area (which i have to say is *much* nicer than the waiting area at the paris st office). we were called into the office on-time by the IIO. he was very polite throughout the interview, and started by asking us to raise our right arm and take an oath. first thing he wanted to see was out *colorado* id, in our case driver's license.
then he confirmed that i had already had my passport stamped (good thing we took items not listed on the appointment letter!)
then he asked us various questions, like:

• when and why we came to the USA (both of us as students)
    when we got married, whether in USA
    names of each other's parents and siblings
    what she had been studying
    if she had been out of status
    etc.
he asked for all the documents we had brought with us at one point ot another and made copies of them. he also asked if she had all her immunizations, and wanted to see social security card and utility bills. we did not have the latter, but wouldn't have mattered since those were not under both our names. finally, he made me fill out affidavit of support for my wife, even though he kept both of our employment letters.

that was it! IIO stamped her passport (valid for 1 year) and indicated that the plastic card may take 2-10 months (he was just as humored by that range) to get delivered. overall a painless process, aside from the stress you can't help but go through ;)

best wishes...