Denver - Interview Experience

warlord

Registered Users (C)
Ok just had my interview in Denver this morning. Appointment at 10:10 and called me in at 10:15 and I was done at 10:30. So incredibly quick and fast. I had brought in a ton of photocopies of bills etc as I have read many are asked for it again. He didn't need any and said he already had everything from my N-400 application. So didn't need my wifes ID or passport or Birth Certificate or anything.

Asked the first 6 questions to me and stopped after I got those right, read the 10th question to him, wrote a saying something like "She lives at her brothers house". Signed my photos (which I had heard many aren't shown the proper way), he showed me exactly what to do and not to do with it, so didn't have any problems.

Now I'm under review (and he stated on the form) that my actual 3 years isn't till next week so he couldn't swear me in today. I already knew this, so now it's waiting for the Oath ceremony. Hopefully I won't run in to long waits and wondering about it like many on here seem to have. Anyways, that's it. I passed yay...

Warmest congratulations and good luck with the remainder of the process .....

warlord said:
Ok just had my interview in Denver this morning. Appointment at 10:10 and called me in at 10:15 and I was done at 10:30. So incredibly quick and fast. I had brought in a ton of photocopies of bills etc as I have read many are asked for it again. He didn't need any and said he already had everything from my N-400 application. So didn't need my wifes ID or passport or Birth Certificate or anything.

Asked the first 6 questions to me and stopped after I got those right, read the 10th question to him, wrote a saying something like "She lives at her brothers house". Signed my photos (which I had heard many aren't shown the proper way), he showed me exactly what to do and not to do with it, so didn't have any problems.

Now I'm under review (and he stated on the form) that my actual 3 years isn't till next week so he couldn't swear me in today. I already knew this, so now it's waiting for the Oath ceremony. Hopefully I won't run in to long waits and wondering about it like many on here seem to have. Anyways, that's it. I passed yay...
Please post your timeline as well. This helps people who are waiting.

new citizenship exam or old

Dear Warlord

Did you get the new citizenship exam or the old one? Since Denver is one of the trial centers for the new citizenship exam.

Additionally, correct me if I am wrong you said your 3 year anniversary was not up before the interview. My wife and myself are on the same situation. our 5 year anniversary is 4 days after the interview and hopefully should not be a problem

thanks

sunkad

Oath

Yes, I just finished my IV on 2/28 at Denver USCIS. It was pretty much same experiences as yours. Couple of questions:
1. What did you file N-400, i.e. what is your PD date?
2. Have you recieved oath letter yet? I would like to know, how long it will take to get oath letter after IV.

Thank you,
Wei

Just noticed this post, was thinking oh someone else wrote a thing about Denver, until I read it and I had posted it ha ha.

Ok Interview date was on Jan 8th (week before my 3 years was up). The new test is optional, but won't be avaliable till I believe March or later, so I had no option and it was the usual standard test. The new one will be optional until next year and then they'll decide if they'll keep it and what questions to keep and which ones to throw out. So you're under no obligation to ever take that test if you don't want for now when it does come.

Got my oath letter a few weeks later (end of Jan) and became a Citizen Feb 22nd. So about a month and a half after my interview. So that was pretty much it, pretty quick and painless.

My case was pretty simple, and we had to much proof the guy just said it's better to have too much then too little. So that helped convince them without a doubt everything was as it seems and in order...