DENVER Interim EAD

reliance

Registered Users (C)
Mine is expiring ON 3/16/2004. I applied for renewal last week. I'm going to local INS office in DENVER next week to see if I can get an interim EAD.

I don't have a EAD receipt notice yet. I hope I would get it from NSC by next week.

Do they give Interim EAD with out a receipt notice?

How big the line there? Do I have to go 4:30 AM as suggested by one post in the forum?

In order to apply for an interim EAD, your EAD application should have been pending for more than 90 days with the appropriate service center. And to apply for that even after 90 days, you will defenitely need the receipt notice.

Hope you still have your H1 status valid !

Take some other docs too

Hi Reliance,

Just take with you the following docs

- front and back of I-94
- front and back of old EAD
- copy of I-485 receipt
- Filled up EAD app
- Money order ($120) drawn on "US Citizenship & Immigration Service"

since you did not get the reciept (dont know who long u waited), i have a feeling your case might have been transfered to the local office. In that case, they will accept a new application and they can give it to you in ten days. Thats what happened with my wife's EAD. she is getting it much faster than the one i filed three months back for myself with the efiling.

if it doesnt work then u can get back your money order but if it works then u will be all set.

Denver INS

Hi,

I think I will have to go to Denver INS office to get an Interim EAD. I see someone mention that I need to be there by 4.30 AM!

Is that really what it is?

Any information?

Thanks.

hello reliance/GKVBC,

i am planning to do the same, i.e. apply for interim EAD at Denver INS office. i've applied for my 3rd EAD last Feb. 8, and the receipt notice from Nebraska is dated Feb. 12. my EAD is expiring April 2004.

my 2nd EAD (March last year) only took 1 month to process, so i was hoping it would be the same this time. i just checked JIT report for Nebraska, and it says they're processing EAD for 11/03 applicants!!! (woe to me for delaying the renewal.)

please let me know what your experience was at the Denver office. did you get approved, or did they tell you to wait for 60-90 days?

thanks.

bcooler.

i filed 1+ month back for ead and ap but till now i have not received the receipts. u said that it happened it your wife's case also. please give me more information on this. thanks.

I have not received the receipt notice yet. But they have cashed the Money Order on Mar-4-2004. I'm planning to go there on Monday 15th. I hope to receive the receipt notice by that time. Let me make a try, even though I have not passed the 90 days time frame.

to rblms

hi rblms
If you file the EAD in the local office [you can do this only if the case as been transfered to local office] they give you just a small piece of printed paper like in a grocery store.
They dont give an actual Notice of Action, thats what i was refering to.
But they give the EAD on an appointed day. It looks like the Interim EAD.

Hope it answers your Q.

Reliance,

please update - were you able to get your iEAD at Denver office even before 90 days?

im planning to go to Denver office this week. EAD expiring April 1, and (3rd) EAD application pending for only ~40 days.

anybody with similar experience?

thanks.

Did you go to DENVER office...I need some info......

Hi,

I will be going to Denver office on Monday as that is past 90 day limit.

I would really like to hear your experience if you have gone this week. My wife works as a Medical Resident and she is flying in to Denver, just to get this Interim card. I want to collect all the information on the process, just to make sure I have covered all the things. Our goal, is to have her get the card and fly back the same day....the reason is, she being a doctor if she has to even take one more day off...that will have bad remarks on her report. So any thing you can share will really help a lot.

Thanks.

Did you go to DENVER office...I need some info......

Hi,

I will be going to Denver office on Monday as that is past 90 day limit.

I would really like to hear your experience if you have gone this week. My wife works as a Medical Resident and she is flying in to Denver, just to get this Interim card. I want have all the information, just to make sure I have covered all the things. My goal, is to have her get the card and fly back....she being a doctor if she has to even take one more day off...that will have bad remarks on her reports. So any thing you can share will really help a lot.

Thanks.