Denver CO - N-400 Timeline

Another minor update:
I noticed that online status disappeared today (3/17/06). Interview letter must be on way.

Received interview letter today

Another minor update:
Received interview letter today. Interview is scheduled on April 13, 2006

(I have dual A# issue. So I know at least one potential problem that I may deal with during interview)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sd12.
Good to hear that your interview went good.
did you get your oath letter yet?

YES2 said:
Hi sd12.
Good to hear that your interview went good.
did you get your oath letter yet?

Nope, no oath letter yet. Still waiting.
Does anyone know where to find scheduled oath dates for Denver ?
Any other applicants waiting for oath letter, please share.

YES2, did you follow up with your name check ?
(Hard to belive there are only couple of us from Denver on this forum)

Waiting for Oath Notice in Denver

Have been lurking for the past month or so. Have the following time lines.

N-400 submit date: Jan 25 2006
Fingerprint: Mar 21 2006 (got it done on Mar 18th since I was going to be out of town)
Interview: Apr 21 2006
Oath Notice: Not received yet. The officer mentioned end of June.

I hope it is not lumped into the July 4th ceremony nationwide. I would need to travel and would need "a" passport at that time.

Did not post earlier since did not have much to add.

sd12 said:
Nope, no oath letter yet. Still waiting.
Does anyone know where to find scheduled oath dates for Denver ?
Any other applicants waiting for oath letter, please share.

No. Could not find any dates on the internet. I was waiting for your update as you are exactly 1 week ahead of me in this process.

IMMPORTAL_USER said:
No. Could not find any dates on the internet. I was waiting for your update as you are exactly 1 week ahead of me in this process.

Ok then, lets keep each other updated about oath letter, oath ceremony etc.

My Timeline

Hello Fellows

This is my timeline in Denver, Co
Mailed application to NSC on December 16, 2005
NSC Received on Dec 19, 2005
Check cashed: Dec, 22 2005
PD: Dec 28, 2005
FP Notice: Jan, 10 2006
FP: Jan 31, 2006
ID: Apr 4, 2006. Scheduled for 9:10 waited until 10:30. Passed interview. Name check pending.
Waiting for FBI check........... :confused:

angieco , Rocky_400 , IMMPORTAL_USER, YES2
Thanks for posting. Its good to know that we have enough applicants in
Denver area that read and post so that we can spot trends about time lines as
well as how the interviews are conducted for current and future applicants.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and timelines.
Lets keep each other updated.

Since my interview on March 1st 2006 I went to Denver USCIS office twice with the same answer the my name check is still pending and in some cases it could take up to 4 years. That is when I decided to write to senator Allard’s office. I wrote then on march 17th a letter explaining my case and what happened at the interview and they said they will inquire with the FBI. On may 1st. I got a letter from the senator’s office stating that my name check was completed on April 05, 2006 and the results were sent to USCIS. I made an appointment to visit the USCIS of for May 10th to check if that is really true or not, any idea? Any one?

So that is where I stand

YES2 said:
Since my interview on March 1st 2006 I went to Denver USCIS office twice with the same answer the my name check is still pending and in some cases it could take up to 4 years. That is when I decided to write to senator Allard’s office. I wrote then on march 17th a letter explaining my case and what happened at the interview and they said they will inquire with the FBI. On may 1st. I got a letter from the senator’s office stating that my name check was completed on April 05, 2006 and the results were sent to USCIS. I made an appointment to visit the USCIS of for May 10th to check if that is really true or not, any idea? Any one?

So that is where I stand

This is great news. Definitely a step in right direction.
Only thing I suggest is send a letter addressed to interviewing officer with copy of letter you received indicating name check is done and request them to process your case.
Also send a copy to director of Denver District office.
(I read here on another old Denver thread that it took couple of months after name check to send them oath letter. So keep after them. Search old Denver threads that have some name check stories)
But I really am happy to hear that name check is finished by FBI. Hope you receive oath letter soon. Good luck

Update on my FP

Today I accompanied my wife for her FP though I did not receive mine.While her FP was done, I was talking to guy in front desk explaining my situation and he took my 400-receipt and ID and went inside to talk to officer. He came
back saying I can do my FP today itself. I asked what happens if I get one from USCIS later. He asked me to ignore that as it is taken care of.
Have anybody experienced this before. Is doing FP provactively ok?

Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rocky_400 said:
Today I accompanied my wife for her FP though I did not receive mine.While her FP was done, I was talking to guy in front desk explaining my situation and he took my 400-receipt and ID and went inside to talk to officer. He came
back saying I can do my FP today itself. I asked what happens if I get one from USCIS later. He asked me to ignore that as it is taken care of.
Have anybody experienced this before. Is doing FP provactively ok?

Please share your thoughts.
Thanks.
I don't think this is any different than doing FP before scheduled appointment as many people have done here.
There is no new/additional information on FP notice than what is there on your receipt. So from ASC perspective, FP notice is just to show at the door to let applicant in.
All you need to make sure is they have your correct receipt #, A# etc. in their computer when they take FPs
So IMO, go ahead and get it done. Call FBI couple of days later to make sure they transmitted results back.

Thanks sd12 for your reply. I already got it done yesterday eventhough
it was not part of our plan. If I understand right, CIS will know that my FP
is done and put me thru next stage or will they still issue a new FP notice?
I am concerned on that as I dont want to make something our of their
protocol (if they have any :rolleyes: ).
Thanks.

Quick update: Received oath letter today

I received oath letter (N-445) today May 05, 2006. Naturalization ceremony is scheduled on May 26, 2006 at Auraria Campus, 855 Lawrence Way, Denver

sd12 said:
I received oath letter (N-445) today May 05, 2006. Naturalization ceremony is scheduled on May 26, 2006 at Auraria Campus, 855 Lawrence Way, Denver

Congrants Sd12. I am glad your received your oath letter.