Registered Users (C)
my case was denied yesterday.

Main reason - INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION IS REQUIRED FOR EB-OR

my qualifications

PhD from top US univ
faculty position in Medical school
7 first author papers, 3 other papers
15-20 citations

So sorry My EB1.... I hope you have other routes that you can pursue.
This is really getting scary!

Did your RFE ask for anything specific, or was it the generic one that just repeats the requirements?

I am so sorry to hear that. I bet is really hard. I hope you have another way to go. I know refilling is tough, but is another option.

My Rfe RESPONSE is almost done and on it way to NSC! I am petrified! theres no approvals from NSC!!! mmmmm

what was there in your rfe of EB1OR

MyEB1,

I am very sorry to hear about EB1OR denial.

i also replied last month (not pp) to the RFE on my EB1OR. they did not ask for any specific one on RFE; my attorney informed me that he has to rewrite the letter again; and submit to them; which he did last month second week.

i am having 40 publications (twenty first author); 15 years research experience; more than one hundred citations; working in a small chemical company. i am scared after seeing denials now a days from NSC

psvc said:
MyEB1,

I am very sorry to hear about EB1OR denial.

i also replied last month (not pp) to the RFE on my EB1OR. they did not ask for any specific one on RFE; my attorney informed me that he has to rewrite the letter again; and submit to them; which he did last month second week.

i am having 40 publications (twenty first author); 15 years research experience; more than one hundred citations; working in a small chemical company. i am scared after seeing denials now a days from NSC

I hear you, NSC makes me feel that even if we have the criteria they'll find something to denie. My RFE is for an Eb1-EA and they were very specific they put added stuff under some of the criteria,a nd me and my attorney worked hard on it,. But all of this denials are making me scared! :confused:

as you may see that i am pretty early in my career and my H-1 is in the second year. However, other people with similar including post-docs have previously gotten EB-1 OR approved.

I guess the NSC is really serious about International Recognition now.

My RFE is very generic

Good luck for those who are awaiting their decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
MyEB1_2006 said:
as you may see that i am pretty early in my career and my H-1 is in the second year. However, other people with similar qualifications including post-docs have previously gotten EB-1 OR approved.

Good luck to those who are awaiting their decisions.

is very unfortunate

MyEB1_2006 said:
as you may see that i am pretty early in my career and my H-1 is in the second year. However, other people with similar including post-docs have previously gotten EB-1 OR approved.

My RFE is very generic

Good luck for those who are awaiting their decisions.
hi MyEB1-2006,
It is really unfortunate that NSC is keep denying as if they are taking a challenge/
For EB1 OR , I am sure you are well qualified, and we have seen lot of approvals from TSC even recently with similar or lesser qualification.
so what are they upto/ only for Nobel laurates?
I hope you can refile it to TSC.

try e-filing again

Hi My_Eb12006

Sorry to hear that. Try e-filing it again. It would go to TSC.

Moden

good_y said:
hi MyEB1-2006,
It is really unfortunate that NSC is keep denying as if they are taking a challenge/
For EB1 OR , I am sure you are well qualified, and we have seen lot of approvals from TSC even recently with similar or lesser qualification.
so what are they upto/ only for Nobel laurates?
I hope you can refile it to TSC.
good_y, have you heard anything yet?

My international center held a seminar on GC some (three years) ago and we were advised to not even try EB1-OR. The advisor claimed it is reserved just for Nobel prize winners and gold medal athletes ... I don't have the resume for it anyway :D Good luck to all, I believe he was trying to scare us

MyEB1_2006 said:
my case was denied yesterday.

Main reason - INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION IS REQUIRED FOR EB-OR

my qualifications

PhD from top US univ
faculty position in Medical school
7 first author papers, 3 other papers
15-20 citations

Sorry to hear about the bad news. I do not really understand what kind of international recognition they want? YOu are very much suitable candidate for the category you applied for. I know the pain you must have had because I went through the same. Don't worry and try to apply in EA category and you efile your petition. Probably it might go to TSC.

not everybody is extraordinary

Not everybody is qualified to be EB1, this is a particularly selective category. You cannot sincerely expect each application to be approved. I see people like madhu gc trying to work the process in their favor by unfair means, these are the kinda acts which 1) will create more backlogs and effect genuine applicants. 2) bring more scrutiny to the entire process and will result in some more denials. It would be stupid to think that USCIS has no record of previously denied applications, even if it was at a different center.

My reply

Hi Neurosurgeondoc

I see your point; but I am really swayed to say that the burden is with the government to set correct rules. The rules are very vague and there is nothing wrong for anyone to give a shot. In a country where rules are very well followed; unfortunately immigration process is very vague. So is the case when visas are denied for no reason in home countries. I probably think you have your case approved and I doubt you made dare to make a comment if your petition is still pending. Every murderers are allowed defense attorneys on tax payers money, thats the governments problem, so I dont buy the fact that people giving a shot by applying should deny genuine applications. The government should find a way to be fair. As the burden of proof lies on the petitioner to prove his case, the burden lies on the government to be fair irrespective of how many cases they receive. But, I do see your point, this is my opinion.

Hi Neurosurgdoc,

I agree with you that not everybody is qualified for EB-1. However, it is very clear that NSC and TSC have different standards in judging who deserves the EB-1A approval. The cases that got approved at TSC may get rejected at NSC; the cases got rejected at NSC have chance to be approved at TSC.

It is totally legal to re-submit one's petition, especially when there are things changed after the previous petition. When your re-petition goes to TSC, you have a much better chance to live in a relaxed life. I also think it is totally FAIR to re-submit since people pay their service fees and USCIS has the obligation to get things done in time. The problem is that USCIS, especially NSC, is not doing their job, at least it is not a job well done.

I guess I shouldn't be someone who complains about NSC since I got my EB-1A approved there. However, it was a lot of time, energy and pain. No one would like to go through this process if he/she doesn't have to do. If there is a clear cut on who is qualified as EB-1A/B. I bet most so-called unqualified people won't waste their treasure, in terms of both financially and mentally. Anyway, I think there is nothing wrong with the way that madgu-gc2005 proposed and USCIS should make their regulations more clear and fair through the service centers. Just my opinion though.

My dear Ndoc:

I am sorry to say that you were lucky (case ended at TSC) and got approval with only 3 publications and 24 citations!! Well ....yes you are true extra ordinary .. no more comments

NDoc : yes I know you are extra ordinary !! !! btw are you afraid? why did you delete your credential post?

Hi Neurosurgen, where do you live in the sky or earth?

I am utterly disappointed by the atitude of people.