Denied 485, MTR filed. What does this message mean?

gxr

Registered Users (C)
As some of you know, my 485 was denied last month. An MTR was filed 2 weeks back and I got a mail from CRIS with the following content on my 485 today:

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.

We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on XXXXXX, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Does this mean that 485 is back on track and back to pending ?
I am confused about - "are now reviewing our earlier decision"

Btw, MTR status hasnt changed. Its still in case received and pending state.

Any pointers would be highly helpful as always..
-gxr

We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS on XXXXXX, and are now reviewing our earlier decision. We also mailed you a notice describing the next steps in the process. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Our review should be completed within 30 days. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.

Does this mean that 485 is back on track and back to pending ?
I am confused about - "are now reviewing our earlier decision"
-gxr

I have same message on my case. Wonder part is USCIS denied my case and reopened themselves long back (I didn't receive any denial letter or I filed MTR etc). Sad thing is "30 days" is showing since 2500 days.....

I keep on getting EAD, AP regularily.....

My question is specific to whether the 485 is back to where it was before it got denied...

Sorry man.. I am confused.
Did you file MTR as well? Was your 485 reopened after an MTR ?
Does your 485 have following msg:

Current Status: Case reopened or reconsidered based on USCIS determination, and the case is now pending.

Sorry man.. I am confused.
Did you file MTR as well? Was your 485 reopened after an MTR ?
Does your 485 have following msg:

In my case, internally USCIS denied the case due to some reasons or no reason....means I did not receive denial letter or online message about denial.... but suddenly message changed from "We have received your application....." to "We reopened this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS...." etc.....

When I called USCIS, usually they say "your application been denied and reopened....blah....blah....". But after I got this message, I have 5 EADs and 4 APs approved.....

I did not file MTR but AFAIK "USCIS itself deny few cases (rarely) but they will open themselves internally"....

My understand is, the way our denial is different but at the end...result is same....means "YES", your case is reopened by MTR file and you are eligible to get EAD, AP etc.....

PS: I'm not an Immigration Attorney....plz ask your immi attorney reg this....