Delivery attempt failed at TSC

Asif2000

Registered Users (C)
I sent my application on 12th with priority service and delivery conformation. I tracked the delivery on it today and it says:

We attempted to deliver your item at 1:30 PM on December 16, 2006 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Will it be redelivered?

It is pretty standard when a delivery is made outside business hours. They will utlimately receive it. Check the status again in a day or two.

I sent both of our applications to the Mesquite service center via certified mail with return receipt. It took 4 days (from Coppell, TX - it should have taken about a day to get there) from the postmark until it was date stamped as received by the USCIS.

Get used to waiting. Don't sweat a day here and a day there - sweat a month here and a month there.

I had the same experience with the Texas office also ..... I have to admit it DID have me worried but delivery of the N-400 took place on the third day; no idea why. Let us know !!!!!

I actually sent two applications (one for my wife and one for myself) on the same day. One of them was received on 14th and the other one had the tracking info as I mentioned. The tracking info did eventually change saying that it was delivered on 18th. Thanks

Same mail delivery problem at CSC

I mailed both applications on Dec 12 thru Certified Mail. One is delivered on Dec 15 as per the Track & Confirm on usps.com. The other one is still not delivered ( Still showin Acceptance status) .
Is it possible that it was delivered but usps has not updated the info? or is it possible that a certified mail could get lost? Any has ideas? :confused:

Why "next day"? I'm a big believer in Certified mail with return receipt - I like seeing that little green card show up in my mail box after a few days. The USPS doesn't track stuff (bar-code + web) very well at all.

I had the same experience when mailing my application in May. It was delivered in 2 days and I got the return receipt.

However, when I mailed my wife's application in August, I just sent it first class with no return receipt or tracking. I thought I am not sending any original documents to worry about and I could tell that it was received based on cashing the check. Worked equally good :rolleyes:

I have used next day first class with usps before and the tracking online is very accurate. TSC did sign for it the next day and I was able to track it online at usps.com

Express Mail - Not delivered

I mailed the applications yesterday using Express Mail to TSC. A delivery was attempted today at 11:15 am (which i am assuming is still busines hours). and the usps.com status says "Delivery Attempted. Notice Left". Will resend back to sender if not deliverable in 5 attempts.

Do they have to sign for these mails? I wonder why they couldnt deliver this.
Just hoping that it will get delivered instead of coming back to me.

Even minor things are/seem to be a big hassle while dealing with INS.

sri96 said:
I mailed the applications yesterday using Express Mail to TSC. A delivery was attempted today at 11:15 am (which i am assuming is still busines hours). and the usps.com status says "Delivery Attempted. Notice Left". Will resend back to sender if not deliverable in 5 attempts.

Do they have to sign for these mails? I wonder why they couldnt deliver this.
Just hoping that it will get delivered instead of coming back to me.

Even minor things are/seem to be a big hassle while dealing with INS.
Did you ask for delivery confirmation via signature?
If you did, then that might be the reason for your attempted delivery failure.
Goodluck.

sri96 said:
A delivery was attempted today at 11:15 am (which i am assuming is still busines hours). and the usps.com status says "Delivery Attempted. Notice Left".

I received the same notice with a similar time of day when I first checked on the delivery of my application. I also wondered why they wouldn't accept it when it was delivered in the middle of the day. The following day the USPS website said that it had been accepted at 5:30 a.m. that morning. No joke!
Anyway, I wouldn't worry. I assume they only sign for them at a certain time, but they will accept it.

Last edited by a moderator:
My app. was delivered

Callie
Exactly same as my case. This morning i got an email from usps that it was delivered this morning at 5:15AM. Go figure. Any ways, I am relieved now, nothing more to do except wait and watch.

Ms.Molina
No i had not requested signature on delivery.

sri96, congratulations on completing the first step! :) It doesn't seem to make any sense that they only accept the mail that early in the morning, but as long as they do accept it, it's definitely a minor issue. Good luck with the rest of your process!