Delhi Embassy Confirms Police Certificates Required In India From Jan2002.

SudhirKumar

Registered Users (C)
Guess we are all screwed. One more big headache to add to all this painful procedure.

Spoke to Delhi Embassy 11/28 11:35 PM EST. The person confirmed that all CP\'s starting Jan 2002 will require
 Police Certificates in India. The certificate needs to be procured from the place of residence in India.

Police certificate

Is is required for Primary applicant or everybody ( ie spouse , children ) who is applying

PCC

IluvGC...seems that you dont luv GC...Sudhir has called at
11:35 EST (Easter standard time) meaning 10:05AM IST (indian Standard time) . In delhi They answer between 10:00 - 12:00

Dunno about Mumbai.Seems that you should opt for
AOS ( Adjustment out Status )

It is better to be prepared than to wait in India for PCC.

No Title

Even mumbai consulate answers phone calls at other times besides 2-4.
I twice got in at around 9-10 am Bombay time and got proper answers from people at the consulate.

santhe cat I totally agree with you..

I am definitely going to get PCCs..got kinda confused with the timings..
This PCC crap has already caused lot of tension to me...
Cheers

Where do we obtain PCC from?

Do we need to obtain it from the Indian consulate in US or do we also need to obtain it from the local police station in India.

We don\'t need from US.

Chennai confirmed that we need PCC only if you stayed and applied from India. Mostly like family based cases. We from US do not need PCC.

PCC not required for EB cases.

1 PCC Certificate
Posted By: TestURLuck 11/29/01 9:23 AM
(#104 of 110)
Dont worry,
I called chennai Consulate office yesterday night at 10:18 PM to 8112060 No. Lady officer said you need PCC if you stay ONLY in india.

This is of the people who apply for US GC from india and staying in India.

Not for the people who lived in Both India and US.

I hope it is clear.

Superman and others.

When I spoke to the Embassy guy I had clearly mentioned that I was calling from US. I gave him my Case No.
Then I asked about PCC. I said there are rumours about requiring PCC from Jan 2002. He said "They are not rumours, it is true".
I asked him from where do we need to get the PCC, he said from place of residence.

This is the talk I had with him yesterday. If any of you talk to the embassy again please reconfirm with them. We dont want to get Jan interviews screwed. Not a good way to start the New Year...

Only worry if you have a criminal record.

Otherwise just get the PCC. Apply and get. Easy. Stop worrying.

Well I was too zapped to learn about this new development. I did not clarify on this place of reside

Next one to talk to Delhi embassy, please clarify. thanks.

Mamba, If this is that easy, We don\'t get this panic.

It is uncertainity about the timing. How long it take to get one?. Most of us are going for Jan. Interviews. If we know we need one, we could have gotten one by now. Now, the problem is whether we can get one in time for Jan.

Superman, do u think PCC can be obtained

locally from the place of residence?. If so we should activate our sources.
Please advise.

IIuvGC, My first choice is to get it from Washington/Chicago.

I will give it some time. Otherwise we will have to use our resources in India. I think it is not difficult to get it from India. Just send some one to SP office and contact a writer. Writer verify the records and just do the paper work and get that signed by S.P. Time depends on how well you know somebody in that office. In India, it is possible to get it in days. It\'s just a matter of how important this process is. I am still beleiving that it\'s queit unnecessary for people who are staying in US. I am still not convinced to get PCC. let\'s see.

Guys did any of u talk to Delhi embassy to find out the details of PCC.

From where to get it. Indian embassy in US and/or local police station in India.