Delhi Cp Success - Sfo Pcc Enough

raj10

Registered Users (C)
I had a successful CP at delhi today 14 Jan.
Police Clearance Certificate was specifically asked for -
upon which I presented the PCC from SFO indian consulate
This was accepted without any questions asked.
So looks liks PCC from indian consulate in USA is enough!!
I had a very peaceful interview and the only documentation
asked for was - birth cert, marriage cert, company letter, IRS9003, PCC,
medical report
I paid fees in USD cash.
Only question asked was how long are you working with your present
company.

Good luck to rest of Jan CPers .... and others.

Congrats! Raj10.

You are the first Jan 2002 Delhi CP success posted on the forum. So it is comforting to know that PCC from USA is enough.
Thanks and congrats once again.

Congratulation Raj10!

Wish you the very best in everything. Thanks for posting your experience and the email that you sent to me a few weeks ago.

Thanks,
Need GC2

congrats raj10...hope they continue with this PCC policy in Feb. too. all the best to the remaining

Help with PCC in SFO

Hi Raj,

My CP interview is scheduled for 26th Feb, and I just received the news that I need to apply for PCC.

What was your experience with applying for PCC from SFO consulate,
what is the procedure and how long did it take...
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunil Kosalge

Congrats! Fees in USD Cash?

Is this just in Delhi or are all consulates accepting USD Cash now?

Sunil: I am assuming that for feb 2002 New Delhi CPers Indian embassy PCC would be sufficient

like Jan 2002 N. Delhi CPers...
  If it is the case, you need to downoad the misc services form from Indian consulate web site :

http://www.indianconsulate-sf.org/

You will need one Indian passport style photograph for each applicant. Take the photocopy of "all the pages" of the passport & show up to Indian consulate at SFO in early morning. Please do take the original passport with you. They will keep only the photocopies of passport pages but will check your original passport too. You will get it back immediately.

There is a $11 processing fee for each applicant & they accept only the change. So better keep exact 11 dollars.

If your passport is not not issued from Indian consulate in USA, it would take 35-40 days to get the PCC but if it is issued from Indian consulate you will get the PCC on the same day.

** Again, this whole thing applies only when you are planning to personally go to SFO for PCC purpose. In case you live far from Bay area & planning to send the documents through mail, I believe you need to notarize all the docs & then send it to consulate.

Hope this helps,

-Vishal

congrates Raj

I don\'t have Birth Certificate but have two affidavites and High school. don\'t have nonavailability from India. Is it serious?. Also I 134 is printed on two pages and notorised. any problem in that.
Thanks.
Leaving on Friday. So I really appreciate your help

No Title

I-134 should be fine on 2 pages. For my case they did not ask for I-134.

Non-Availability try to get after going to India. It should not be hard. If you cannot get and consulate really decides to stick on the point ... they should ask you to get it and come back. So I think its a chance you can take. Hopefully they will accept.

Thanks Vishal

Your information was quite useful. I have applied for the PCC for myself and my wife on Jan 24th. Let\'s see when we get the PCC.

-Sunil