Delhi CP, Administrative Processing

Ashish Jain

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Interviewed on 10th march in delhi embassy. My case is AC-140 based CP.

Officer took oath, asked expected questions.. and then gave my 221 (g) rejection letter + passports. In that letter it is written " Case is under Administrative Processing, Contact after 20 days". That was for my wife (derivative applicant). When i asked for reason, he told they need some name check for my wife. When I asked him, whether i can travel back and come again when they r ready, then he ADVISED, (though i hav legal visa), that i should NOT go back. If I go back and come again, then they will do admin processing again for 20 days.

I guess, it is same "name check" we r talking abt?

Any more info? anybody has for delhi based CP.

ashish

Originally posted by Ashish Jain
Guys,

Officer took oath, asked expected questions.. and then gave my 221 (g) rejection letter + passports. In that letter it is written " Case is under Administrative Processing, Contact after 20 days". That was for my wife (derivative applicant). When i asked for reason, he told they need some name check for my wife. When I asked him, whether i can travel back and come again when they r ready, then he ADVISED, (though i hav legal visa), that i should NOT go back. If I go back and come again, then they will do admin processing again for 20 days.

ashish

We have read about these administrative process in several
posts. This could possibly because of 'hit' on the name due to
it's commonness.

Though it means inconvenience to you both, you should take
comfort in the thought that all earlier cases have been cleared
after 2 weeks or so.

Instead of waiting for the complete 20 days call them after
1 week or 10 days.

Good luck.

Raju

thanks for reply

yeah,

i am planning to call them after 10-12 days. Lots of my job is on stake. i wish, atleast they approve my case. even if they take time on admin processing.

Now i hav cancelled all my plans for US flights and respective projects in USA, i wish i don't end up back to square one with H-1B visa in my hand.

Ashish,
Good luck for your quick case resolution!
Don't worry, It would be resolved pretty soon. Hang in tight!

It is so surprising and wondering to me--"How they pick anyone?" Could it be guessed!!!

I am trying to find any correlation in the common names and Admin Checks, as my wife's name is also very common and I am also going to Delhi for interview pretty soon.

Few questions, if you don't mind answering:

Q1: Is your wife's first name very common?

Q2: Is your wife's last name very common?

Q3: Was your wife living in any foreign country for some time, before coming to US?

Q4: "Was your wife living with you in US for some time," or "She had just moved to US with you?"

Q5: Do you have any other guess, why she might have been selected for admin check and not both of you?

I know, if anyone is being picked up for Admin processing, then the only way is to patiently wait for this process to finish, as nothing could be done about it.

If you don't mind, could you please provide some generic information and your best guess--"What might be the reason behind this?" It might be a red flag for me.

:)

I also went through name check for my wife.
My case was from mumbai consulate, and it got resolved in exact two weeks time.
I do not know what is the reason for name check thing.
Ashish: does your wife have any case open on her name
in US ( ex. traffic ticket etc, before you left for india) ?

Thanks

answers

Q1: Is your wife's first name very common?
>> I guess not.

Q2: Is your wife's last name very common?
>> Last name is JAIN .. i guess it is common. (her maiden last name changed after marriage)

Q3: Was your wife living in any foreign country for some time, before coming to US?
>> She never been out of INDIA any time in her life. We got married few months back. She stayed back in india.

Q4: "Was your wife living with you in US for some time," or "She had just moved to US with you?"
>> see above

Q5: Do you have any other guess, why she might have been selected for admin check and not both of you?
>> I guess, they just didn't like us :)

cpnwd, if you recently married, make sure you take good marriage pics with you. You must be knowing, they will ask you various cross examination type questions from you and your wife. Also they ask general Qs related to your employment etc.

Guys,

ashish

Hey Ashish,
No news from your side .
Did you check back with the Embassy????Hope your case gets cleared soon.
Do let all of us know who are aspiring CP candidates.
Keep posted.

anushri

GC approved

Guys,
My case is approved now. As before, my case went for admin processing. So I called after 20days and they told me come to embassy any day. I went to embassy next day and they just took my passport and in evening they gave me my passport back with packet IV.

Now there is new thing, I have come to USA. Wht's next now?
As I changed my address before I went to india for interview. As I know, they will mail my wife's SSN to my old address and pastics too.

Is there any way, to change my address now at INS. In DS230 forms also my OLD address was given.

If I file AR 11 form now, will it affect anything or I need to call them somewhere for my new address.

ashish

Congrats Ashish!!!!
We all were anxiously waiting for the good news.So it took exactly 20 days for them to to administrative check????
Did you try follow up someone in US or were in contact with consulate only?????

Hope everything goes well now on.....
anushri

it took around 20 days

Yes anushri, it took around 20 days.. it was weekend and some indian holidays falling in between, so i was able to call them only after 22-23 days laterz.

I did call them after 10 days but person on phone advised me to call after 20 days. What i know, u should start calling after two weeks.

ashish

Re: GC approved

Guys,
My case is approved now. As before, my case went for admin processing. So I called after 20days and they told me come to embassy any day. I went to embassy next day and they just took my passport and in evening they gave me my passport back with packet IV.

Now there is new thing, I have come to USA. Wht's next now?
As I changed my address before I went to india for interview. As I know, they will mail my wife's SSN to my old address and pastics too.

Is there any way, to change my address now at INS. In DS230 forms also my OLD address was given.

If I file AR 11 form now, will it affect anything or I need to call them somewhere for my new address.

ashish

Congrats on getting your GC!

Regarding the address change the right thing would have
been mentioning the new address on a new set of DS 230
forms, or atleast getting it corrected at the POE.

Now it looks like the service center would only have your
old address, and from what I read in the forum the cover
containing the GC (s) is not re-directed to the new address
by USPS.

Filing of AR 11 while mandatory is not connected to the office
that actually issues you the Green Card.

So you need to contact the service center that has the
jurisdiction over the POE and find out how to go about the
process of recording the new address with them.

Raju

Re: Re: GC approved

Aashish, Heartiest Congratulations in getting you process finsihed and enduring through the admin check. Good Luck!

Originally posted by Raju595

Filing of AR 11 while mandatory is not connected to the office
that actually issues you the Green Card.

So you need to contact the service center that has the
jurisdiction over the POE and find out how to go about the
process of recording the new address with them.

Raju

Would G-28 do the trick with your own (new) address do the trick? This will direct all the correspondence to your new address?

Hello
As I previously posted regarding my parents case, which is held under administrative processing at new delhi embassy.
My parents case is resolved in two weeks and they got their visas on monday.
Everything went smooth.
I would like to thanks KD1403 and other folks who helps me lot.
If you have any question or required any feedback.
I willl be more than happy to answer the Question.

Thanks

ashish jain:

Heartiest congrats on getting the FBI clearance in under 3 weeks. "Welcome to usa" is probably the 3 word phrase you probably heard from a smiling immigration officer. :)

For address change do ALL of the following things:

1. As suggested by raju definitely file AR-11 to take of the requirement of filing address change as per new USCIS rules.

2. Also when you get the welcome letter there is an address for the TSC center which issues the the green card. Send a letter to that address which is:
Immigration & Naturalization Services
Texas Service Center
P.O.Box 851488-1488 Dept A
Mesquite, TExas - 75185- 1488
Include a copy of your relevant pages of passport, copy of I-551 stamp and copy of welcome letter and write a cover letter informing change of address.

3. Confirm receipt of number 2 above by calling TSC office @ 800-375-5283

Hope fully combination of 1, 2 and 3 will do the trick. One thing is for sure if your welcome letter and or GC goes to your old address then it will bounce back to TSC office as immigration document cannot be redirected to a new address via postal redirect service.

Bsingh:

I am happy for you since your parents too got the clearance like ashish jain. To make sure there is no issue with the address where the GC is mailed, make sure that they inform the immigration officer your home address if it is not mentioned in the ds 230 part i.