Delaying Finger Prints

sridas

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,
I received my FP notice in mail yesterday. Unfortunately the date coincides with my Travel plans to India. The letter however says that I can appear anytime after the Appointment date but only within a MONTH. If I fail to appear by that date my application will be abandoned.

Since I have already booked my flight tickets, can I take the FP's once I return from the Trip? (within the one month grace period)
Will this effect anything else? Has anyone done this before?

thanks on any suggestions and ideas.
sri

In my opinion do not postpone them. You can always take early FP also.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can postphone

My wife also received FP notice just 1 week before she was going to India Nov 08. And she had gone for 4 months. So she put the next appointment date in Mar 05 and left. Now ireceived the new FP date in March.

But it is not safe to postphone more than once. As one of my friend postphoned twice now she has received I-485 denial notice. However the notice also talks about re-appealing..

Can I 'Prepone' the FP's

Thanks everyone for the reply.
Can I visit the local FBI office, show my Air Tickets and ask them to give me a 2 weeks advance Appointment?

Will they consider my request?

thanks everyone again.
Sri

sridas said:
Thanks everyone for the reply.
Can I visit the local FBI office, show my Air Tickets and ask them to give me a 2 weeks advance Appointment?

Will they consider my request?

thanks everyone again.
Sri

Certainly, go ahead they will let you either take it sooner or they will have you take them when you come back, I would request taking them sooner, but why the FBI? Should you contact your local office since they send you the notice!!

Take it to local INS office and explain them your situation. Show them your tickets/itinerary etc. First you need to convince the security guy sitting outside the office. I heard its not easy to do that.

If you are lucky, you can do your FP early. And who knows, when you come back from Vacation, you may have your GC approved.