Delayed Spouse Approval

weigh

Registered Users (C)
I noticed that although most couples get approvals at the same time, there have been quite a number of cases in which primary applicant got approval first, and spouse has to wait for 1-3 months. I got approval on 12/3/04 (ND 10/2002) and my wife's is still waiting. Here is my theory why this happens: my visa history is relatively simple (F1 -> H1 -> GC), while my wife's is more complex (F2 -> F1 -> F2 -> H4...). If anybody has the same situation please share.

spouse approval

my wifes approval is delayed. FP 10/25/04. my approval was november 24,04.
called uscis twice at vermont. same reply wait 30-90days.

my spouse is just H4--GC so i dont know if your rule holds true. just random. (that is the what the immigration officer told me that the files just got separated).

There is nothing like that. It all depends on when spouse's application was filed. If spouse's application was filed alongwith yours, the chances are both of you'll get approved together or there might be a 1-2 months seperation. But if her application was filed...say an year later....then the dependent approval might take a little longer.
I am just talking from my experience.

My spouse just went from H1 to GC, and is waiting for approval.

Our applications were filed together.

I think just like everything else with USCIS, there is no reasoning behind why derivative cases sometimes take longer than primary applicant's.

I have received EAD and AP approvals on Dec'19th. But I am still waiting for my wife EAD and AP approvals. Does anybody having any idea what causes the delay.

My wife and i same RD on 485

and got same day FP.. and did on same day...

but no news on her case :confused:

The only difference in our case is she applied AP and i nver did.

i am h1-> GC

she was h4->h1-485 pending.

all are mess.

LC_Virginia said:
I think just like everything else with USCIS, there is no reasoning behind why derivative cases sometimes take longer than primary applicant's.
one of my close friend has GC and spouse is not even called for FP1 !!!

Same here. Wife done FP first. My 485 is approved and still no news of Wife's case. Did anybody called VSc regarding this?

Thanks

Called Today

I called VSC. The lady told that my wife's case is complete and probably been seperated from my petition because of my RFE.
She said .. she will let the adjudicator know about this.

Guys...I think we need so show a little more patience and resolve here... There are still zillions of primary applicants like myself and other whose cases have not yet been processed .... So I think a good strategy would be to wait it out till the official processing dates go past our dates and then start calling VSC reps/make inquiry regarding our cases .....????

Above all ..what you choose to do is finally your option....cheers and all the best !!!!!

dahlia said:
Same here. Wife done FP first. My 485 is approved and still no news of Wife's case. Did anybody called VSc regarding this?

Thanks

weigh said:
I noticed that although most couples get approvals at the same time, there have been quite a number of cases in which primary applicant got approval first, and spouse has to wait for 1-3 months. I got approval on 12/3/04 (ND 10/2002) and my wife's is still waiting. Here is my theory why this happens: my visa history is relatively simple (F1 -> H1 -> GC), while my wife's is more complex (F2 -> F1 -> F2 -> H4...). If anybody has the same situation please share.
I dont think it matters. My case is approved, my wifes not. Her visa history is pretty simple - H1B all throughout and she does not have any 140 pending for her own. I know that her name check was not completed. So I guess they just approved my case and left her out.

Talked to a rep. at VSC and they said my wife is getting an RFE. Not sure what really it is. Atleast I know whats happening.

I am in similar situation. After 3 months of my approval I sent an inquiry letter to USCIS. They replied back saying that wife's FP not done (which was true by the way). Anyway, that initiated an FP letter later on and she is scheduled to have her FP done next week. Hope this 'retrogression' stuff would not affect her case.
My application was approved back in July 04.

oldest approved primary

Any Spouse Approval??
Who is the oldest approved primary waiting from spouse's approval??

I1485 AD - 01/10/05
Spouse - Not Approved
Difference - 14 days

Did u guys called VSC?

When I called I was told that my wife is getting an RFE. But online message still don't say that.

my case was approved on 12/2/2004 card received..
we both applied at same time . my wife case still pendnign as of today(1/24/2005) ..

ND : 9/2003
FP 11/2004

Called

When I called .. lady said that my spouse's case is complete and she doesn't know why it's not approved. She said may be its separated .. and no news after that