Delay with FP for India, China

jpol

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke with an IIO regarding getting an FP notice.

My ND is Feb 2000. She initially said that INS is getting ready to send out FP notices. Then she looked at my country and said but India and China are not going to be sent out because the visas have run out for those countries.

She said it will be another 2-3 months before FPs for those countries get sent because we don\'t want fingerprints to expire. After that it will be another 6 months for 485 approval.

No Title

What do you mean by "visas have run out"? You already have been given an immigrant visa when your I140 was approved! I485 is just an adjustmet of status.

No Title

I am guessing that it mean they cannot adjudicate any more cases for India/China for the time being because the quota for the two countries is up. They would wait for the next quota to be released?

Immigration gurus, please help on what that may mean.

No Title

The annual quota for India being close to 10000
has been exhausted. The next quota opens in
October . I140 approval does not indicate grant
of an immigrant visa . 485 approval does that.
INS works with the dept. of state for the visa count etc.

No Title

May be I sound cynical because my case is held up with this stupid quota thing. Pl. let me vent anyway!

Can anyone help me understand what is the wisdom in enforcing a quota rule at I-485 level when they could have done it at the I-140 level. Now with my I-140 being approved, I am stuck with this company and my options are almost negligible other than to move and file another I-140.

Another thing, why couldn\'t they let us submit fingerprints along with the I-485 package ? I feel it would have saved them as well us a lot of time !!

I can\'t think of any other organization where its "customers" are almost held hostage like this !!