Delay in I-485 processing, ND 04/01

Would you please how complicated it is? Will it cause a considerable delay of processing I-485? What should I do?

Thanks

Frus..

I tried every possible thing you can imagine!! See my other posting. I talked to IIO, NVC, Embassy and lawyer but no one can expertise my case.
Just wait and pray...

hey frustration

heres the deal if you have i-140 approved for cp.

nsc sends i-140 to consulate for consular processing. for this it sends the i-140 to nvc. its nvc that sends it different consulates (your preferrred consulate would be on i-140). nvc send paper work to you or your lawyer (its called packet 3) which you must fill in and send out to continue with cp. nvc then "mails" i-140 to consulate.

since you went i-485 route you would not have filled packet 3. but to process i-485 nsc would need i-140 which is already out. now it all depends on where the i-140 is - nobody really knows how this really works - and as 4thyearnsc has suggested there's tons of posting on how exactly i-140 would be moving.

there are some cases the cp step did not add any delays (how nsc got i-140 connected to i-485 is a mystery). but the general understanding is if you have applied for cp you are supposed to expect delays.

see imminfo.com for details on cp v/s aos (485) analysis.

hope that helps.

btw i thought i was in bad shape with rd of 6/12 but yours seems worse off. but hang in there you are very close ...

I-485 delay

No news about my case yet.
One thing is for sure that NSC's official processing time for I-485 is April 1, 2001.
Hopefully, they will touch my case soon.

hi guys,

my case has also taken a long time. Also, AVM never got updated for FP. But got updated when I received RFE!

RD: 04/13/2001
ND: 04/27/2001
FP: 06/09/2001

Wife's FP: 04/09/2002 (for her, AVM not updated till now)

RFE: 06/13/2002 (updated employment letter)
RFE Reply updated on AVM: 06/29/2002

The IIO's really took me for a ride when I called them: I was told that they have stopped all processing because of 9/11 on orders from the Federal Govt or something!!

bye