Delay in I-485 processing, ND 04/01

Frustration

Registered Users (C)
I am frustrated.
We filed our I-485 in April 2001 with notice date of 04/23/2001. Fingerprinting was in May 2002.
We still haven't heard anything yet.
Is FP supposed to be updated on INS automatic message system? When I checked their automatic message system I didn't hear about our FP update.

Thank you very much.

what about I140

May be your I140 was approved for CP or from different service center!!! Do you know why its getting delayed?

Thank you

Thank you.
I filed at NSC.
I don't know why it has been delayed. I called NSC a few times and was told that they were processing cases received January 2001. Some of my friends who filed I-485 about same time as I did have had their cases approved for almost 6 months. I know some of cases in July 2001 have already apporved.
It is really frustruting.

Re: Thank you

I called INS-NSC couple of times and got differing responses from them. There is absolutely no use of calling NSC - IIOs. My RD is July 19th 2001 and ND is August 24th 2001. A lot of people are approved in the vicinity of my RD/ND and some even after my RD/ND. I am so frustrated with NSC these days that I am almost tempted to fight with the IIO on the phone.
Who knows when will we be approved ...

--milehigh1:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
But when I checked AVM it didn't say anything about my FP although IIO told me that they already received FP results.
It is strange.

FP update on AVM is usually immediate

or fast if the FP was done using a machine,rather than the old way..so if u have had manual FP,it might not get updated on the AVM at all (a few friends of mine faced this),and yet u may get approved..as for the delay - was ur I-140 approved for CP???
(Consular Processing)
Dont bother speaking to IIOs - they are useless..
hang in there bud...wait for the official proc time of NSC to go beyond ur ND,and then contact a senator

all the best
cheers
JAck

Hi, Jack,

My I-140 was approved for CP and then when we switched to AOS when our priority date was reached.
Does it make difference for the I-485 processing?

Thank you very much.

Hi,
My RD is 06/20/2001 NSC sent RFE on 08/12/2002. So just hold on there budd. You will get your approval soon.

Coz one of my friend got approval on 08/28/2002. His RD some time on March 2001.

:)

My case is similar ND is 4/25/01 from St.Louis. FP was done in 6/02. AVM has no update, attorney has talked IIO few times but all waste, finally she told me that NSC has stopped entertaining calls(???).

I was thinking of approaching local Senator but then NSC moved there processing dates back to 1/01, which is unexplainable. Since you are also from same place with simailar situation, we can think of putting a joint representation to our local senator when ever new processing dates from NSC are published. Let me know what do you think.

Thanks and please stay in touch.

NSC never stopped entertaining calls

I talked to IIO few days back and according to them they are processing Aug 2001 case. Your attorney is not telling you the facts. Do you have any idea why your case is getting delayed? May be your I140 was processed for CP or from different service center!!

To: gcwaitguy

I called NSC this morning and was told that they had assigned cases received on April 1, 2001 to the examiner. Last week when I called they told me they were processing cases received in January, 2001. Hopefully, they will touch our cases soon.

By the way, I filed from St. Louis too.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Can one trust these IIOs?

What is the logic behind some people getting blunt reply and others straight?

Can anyone come up and post, who got a blunt reply and still approved?

StillWating...

How does I140 processed for CP affect the processing time of I485?
I know that our entire visa petition file was
supposedly forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) after the approval of I104. Do we need to contact NVC and tell them to transfer our files back to INS?

Thank you very much.