Delay in getting Drivers License in Ca

delay DL card

DMV issued the temp. driver license to me since 4/3/09, and today 5-13-09 i have not received my DL card yet. What should I do ? I saw some numbers down the post 916-657-7445? should i be callin this number for help?
I went to DMV last week they said something about Homeland Security hasnt verified my status???? o.o?
Need help here please, will be great!

CA drivers license

Here is my experience, if it helps anyone:

- I am on H1B
- my CA license was going to expire on 30th Sep,2009
- around Aug 1st, I got a mail from DMV requesting for the legal
documents (H1B visa, I94)
- I mailed all of those documents to them
- On Sep 8th, I called them at 916 657 7445, 916 657 7790. It took me
several tries to get through them (maybe like 30 times I had to call).
They said it's been approved, and it is going to take a few weeks
for it to arrive.
- Since I didn't want to take any chance, I politely requested a FedEx
service. They agreed, took my Credit card number, and fedex'ed to me.
costed me like 15 bucks.
- I got my licnese on Sep 11th!!
- So, I guess not too bad an experience.

Here is my experience, if it helps anyone:

- I am on H1B
- my CA license was going to expire on 30th Sep,2009
- around Aug 1st, I got a mail from DMV requesting for the legal
documents (H1B visa, I94)
- I mailed all of those documents to them
- On Sep 8th, I called them at 916 657 7445, 916 657 7790. It took me
several tries to get through them (maybe like 30 times I had to call).
They said it's been approved, and it is going to take a few weeks
for it to arrive.
- Since I didn't want to take any chance, I politely requested a FedEx
service. They agreed, took my Credit card number, and fedex'ed to me.
costed me like 15 bucks.
- I got my licnese on Sep 11th!!
- So, I guess not too bad an experience.
Surprising experiance ! every encounter at DMV is new and thanks for sharing

Well i got relaxed by seeing these that i am not the only one who is struggling but it feels bad that why these is happening with us i had tried a lot to get my license as fast as possible.But it has been spend more than 2 month and still not getting what i actually looking for is anybody out there can help me.

I am in the same shoes

I have struggled since last October.
I started to renew my DL on October 16 last year, it expired in December, I have no DL now.
I mailed the documents to DMV Sacramento once, visited DMV field offices twice, contacted 916 657 7445 and faxed documents. All I can hear from them is "wait about 30 days" and nothing more. That's it. DMV never gives me DL. I wrote to DMV customer communication and DMV director, respectively; however, I heard nothing from them. Now, I feel I am trapped with no way out. I tried all communication methods available in general; in person, mail, telephone; however, none of them seems effective. I really have to depend on a goodwill of someone familiar with something like this.
My wife visited DMV and applied renewal in early December and got her renewed DL just about 2 weeks after the visit. She wasn't trapped somehow.

I have struggled since last October.
I started to renew my DL on October 16 last year, it expired in December, I have no DL now.
I mailed the documents to DMV Sacramento once, visited DMV field offices twice, contacted 916 657 7445 and faxed documents. All I can hear from them is "wait about 30 days" and nothing more. That's it. DMV never gives me DL. I wrote to DMV customer communication and DMV director, respectively; however, I heard nothing from them. Now, I feel I am trapped with no way out. I tried all communication methods available in general; in person, mail, telephone; however, none of them seems effective. I really have to depend on a goodwill of someone familiar with something like this.
My wife visited DMV and applied renewal in early December and got her renewed DL just about 2 weeks after the visit. She wasn't trapped somehow.

I applied the first time on October 2008. Today is February 2010, never got ID or DL.. It's unbelievable. I sent documents, I called so many times but the Department of Homeland Security didn't verify my status yet. Today I went to DMV, sent documents again and they said there is a very small chance for me to get my documents... WTF!!! Sorry but I am so mad

If any of you have some advice for me, please reply...

That's outrageous! I wrote to multiple sections of DMV and got a call from DMV field office in Santa Clara where I have visited twice already for my DL renewal. I also got a call from DMV customer communication unit in Sacramento. Both of them, I was just told such as 'it's processed' or "it was issued". But, again, I have never received DL. I would recomment that perhaps you can write to those units of DMV. They sounds reliable, at least. You may want to try ombsman unit of DMV because it looks like you have used up all avenues available. It's listed in DMV home pages. Good luck!

I submitted my documents (Passport and I94) as I entered through Advance parole @ DMV office on March 12th . Didn't heard anything from them. What do you guys suggest Shall I call that 916 number or wait . Yes they gave me 90 days temp.

Just called them they asked me to fax them the documents again and call them. Will tell you guys what is the outcome

Madness! Sheer madness! I have been waiting for a CA drivers license for two years now. Everytime I think I make progress they need just one more piece of impossible information. Finally as of today I am on to what they tell me is the final stage, all they need is my SSN and EAD card photocopied, well heres hoping. I have faxed copies over 5 times now and they have not recieved them. They tell me to call back after I fax the copies, the only problem is that it takes 3 days to get through to any of the numbers. They are always busy and even when they ring they don't answer the phone. The California dept of motor vehicles reminds me of a 3rd world country business. It is so strange to me that something of this atrocious ineffiency would exist in a first world country. Well, here are some alternative numbers for the legal presence dept. for folks who are having a hard time getting through, I have hunted for them all over and maybe they will help another poor soul from wanting to smash their telephones:
915-657-6419
916-657-5834
916-657-7445 (i like this one)
916-657-7790

Fax: 916-657-0877

There is a man called Bill who works there that is very sweet (7445 number), but Suzanne is not. Good luck!!!!!!

When your license card takes too long to arrive and DMV has no idea but only tells you to call Legal Presence:

Well, Legal Presence usually don't answer your call, so don't waste your time and rather write a mail to this adress:

Licensing Operations Divisions
Legal Presence Verification nit.
Building West MS G204
Sacramento, CA 95818

My license card didn't arrive for over 2 years! I went to the DMV to get a temporary license (the paper copy) numerous times as it expires shortly.
But after writing to the above address with proper information and request, I received the card in a couple weeks.