Delay GC Finger Printing/Approval

Amit3

Registered Users (C)
I got my 1st notice for FP today & I need to delay the GC approval coz I m getting married in Nov\'02 in India. Please do help me, how can I avoid getting approved before Nov. & how long can I delay my finger printing.

delaying FP by 6 months?!?!?

You can only postpone FP once or twice by less than a month each time.
By postponing to Dec 02 (assuming that after nov marriage, your spouse will be here and you want to file 485 first, before doing FP) you are incuring the wrath of INS.
Can\'t you have a simple marriage ceremony performed now, so that you future spouse might at least be in the safe region for a CP?

simple marriage

Even If i persuade the in laws for a simple marriage...i need to bring her along with me for medical test..etc..which is not possible for her. Is there a way where just the marriage certificate can help...or any other alternatives..i\'ll really appreciate all the suggestions

Might Work

Hi Amit,
I believe the only thing that you can do is to get a registered marriage done and be on record that you were married before your case was approved. If before your approval, you are able to get in your wife\'s petition... great. If not, you may be able to successfully contest your case and get your wife as a dependent. However, I wouldnt decide on anything without consulting an attorney. My cousin is in the same boat and his attorney told him that there would be no problems. Hope you come out allright in all this.
Best Regards