degree and h1-b

chenlu75

Hi,
I am currently a system administrator and have 3 years working experience. But my bachelor degree is in Public Health. Though I am pursuing MS in Information Systems, I can\'t get it finish by the end of this year. Does anyone hear of cases like mine? Is the bachelor degree + 3 years experience possible to apply H1-b?

Thank you!

No Title

Am I assuming right that you are currently in H-1B status? CSC especially has been getting tough on the evaluations we\'ve always provided in the past that take into consideration education and work experience in order to get the required degree specialty, but they can be overcome. I\'ve done it already more than a few times in the past two months. You have to get an expert evaluation from a college professor who has the authority to grant college credit for work performed. E-mail me and I will be glad to handle your case for you.

Gabriel D. Jack
Attorney at Law
gjack@gabejack-law.com

No Title

Hello Gabriel,
Thank you for helping me!
I am currently holding J-2 visa and already waived the Residency Requirment. I have been applying H-1B but got reply from INS yesterday. They asked for an official evaluation and more evidence to demonstrate my experience.
My former evaluator only said I have a Bachelor degree and additional programs, not saying that my degree is related to IT (my bachelor degree is in Public Health). I am taking courses to get my Master degree in Information Systems and have Oracle and HP-Unix certifications, 3 Y experience, but INS and evaluator seem to igore them.
When you mean "You have to get an expert evaluation from a college professor who has the authority to grant college credit for work performed", does my current department dean quilify for this work or only some special professor can do this?
Hope I can hear experinced suggestion from you. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Chen

Hello chenlu, Your Advice needed. Really URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI,
Right now i am in the almost in the same situation as you were before.
i am on J-2 and want to convert to H-1 (have all the waiver documents)
i have 3 year computer science degree and 3 year of work experience in the computer jobs. my present employer is ready to apply for my
H-1.
This is my situation now. Please let me know what you did and how you proceeded with the process? What is your processing status now? Your response will be really helpful for me. Thanks for your time.
Rani