Decision Could Not Be Made At This Time

Wow. Same problem! "... decision can not be made" :(
Interview Sep 14, 2004, Newark, NJ. Till today no decision. Made Infopass back in Jan 2005 - was told that FP will expire on Apr 26 (15 months since the date of I was first FPed) and that if I do not hear anything by then - should stop by around mid April to make an appointment for FP.
So I did - had Infopass for 1pm and no luck - was told that they can make only 10 appointments/day and I was too late, should have come at 8am. Feel very exhausted from all this crap right now.
Do u guys now when they send a notice for FP - is it long after the expiration date? What are the implication if your FPs expire? Obviously there will be no decision made - but how long does it take after you renew you FPs to get a decision?

Hi u all i been through waht u all are going through now i had a successful n-400 interview done on nov 04 and ws told it will take 20 days to get a oath letter but nothing showed up for 3 months and i got a 2nd Fp notice and after 40 days of that finally i got the oath letter so what i think is wait patiently and if your Fp is giong to expire go to Do and ask for Fp interview .You may also consider contacting your congressman it might also help .thanks Rittwalfh

rittwalfh said:
Hi u all i been through waht u all are going through now i had a successful n-400 interview done on nov 04 and ws told it will take 20 days to get a oath letter but nothing showed up for 3 months and i got a 2nd Fp notice and after 40 days of that finally i got the oath letter so what i think is wait patiently and if your Fp is giong to expire go to Do and ask for Fp interview .You may also consider contacting your congressman it might also help .thanks Rittwalfh

my friend was also told she would be getting the oath letter in 3 weeks. she just passed her interview last week. i will cross fingers and hope she can get her oath letter soon.

hope the rest of u guys can get ur oath letter soon too

File Review & Oath Letter

sony55 said:
I believe orlfla has the interview back in December , so it has been enough time for him to worry and ask around, even file a mandamus or administrative relief by the district court.
Regarding going to the DO, he said in his message that he couldn't have an infopass appointment as there was no appointment for his USCIS office!
but i think sg_orl's idea of sending a "thank-you" letter is pretty good!
go for it, you have nothing to lose!
good luck :)

OrlFla had his interview on March 30. He started this thread on March 31 with a statement that he had his interview yesterday. With Orlando Office, you need to be very persistent. As for fingureprints expiring, I was in a similar situation, I called 1-800 number, and was very persistent and convinced the Customer Service Rep to let me talk with the Immigration Officer, and then convinced him that I needed an appointment for re-fingureprinting. He was able to set that up and told me the time and date over the phone for the re-FP appt. and I recd' the re-FP notice in the mail a week later. Give that a try.

Thanks, I will call them again and see what happens.. because i took my Finger Prints in March 29th of 2004 so one year has passed so i need to make sure i get a second FP... Thank you all for ur advice.. I am just waiting patiently. I have am not in any rush or anything just worried why they didnt give me an approved or denied it is just Desicion cannot me made so that is what worries me. If they told me hey u are approved but will take 2 years to get to oath i dont mind as long as i know what the desicion is.

I had the exact same thing happen to me last week in, Atlanta. Passed the interview, papers were all correct. But at the end was told a decision could not be made at this time. The comment on my report said 'Request temp file' I was told they needed to get whatever this temp file is from one of the INSs and I will get a mail sometime soon. I asked them if this is something I should provide and the lady interviewing me said, 'no'. So now in waiting mode. Not sure if I should be doing anything or just wait and see what happens.

App date: Feb 29th 2004
FP date: April 22nd 2004
Rec'd interview letter on : March 19th 2004
Interviewed on: April 20th 2004
Current status: Waiting for a decision to be made....

Sorry typo in the previous time line:)
App date: Feb 29th 2004
FP date: April 22nd 2004
Rec'd interview letter on : March 19th 2005
Interviewed on: April 20th 2005
Current status: waiting for a decision to be made.

2nd FP notice.

Well sure enough I got my 2nd fingerprint notice since the first set has expired at ORL DO. got an appointment in a few days. I'm going to stay positive about this print and hope for the best in the soon future. By the way I had better success over the phone and asking them to ask the service center to find out my status since its been more than 120 days since my interview and I was put on hold and said I should receive something in the mail in about a week which was the 2nd notice. I went to the DO but was hardly any help.

Decision could not be made- UPDATE

All,
Early last week, I rec'd a call from my approving officer saying my case was approved. She then scheduled an oath date for friday of last week and I took my oath. Just to recap, I was told a 'decision could not be made' when I interviewed in April. I did call the INS a couple of times but did not do anything else. Just when I thought I should be pursuing more aggressively, I rec'd the call. So in summary, maybe sometimes inaction helps and a decision gets made in due course:)
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everybody on this site who have helped me tremendously in my search for answers.
Good luck too all,
atlusr

Oh! I forgot to add, my FPs were expiring in about 3 weeks and the officer was eager to get me in before it expired.
--atlusr